Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Eleonora

I moved in with Sam and now had my own space there. It had been three days and my parents kept trying to reach me, and Lana too. I ignored them, only calling Dan and Claire to be completely honest. I also skipped school because they kept showing up there. I was home alone today, since Max and Jace were both to some try-out in the city, when suddenly the doorbell rang. There was the man that was with Lana. "Can I talk to you?" He softly asks and I let him in. "Only because you seem like the one that had no big role in this thing." I say and he smiles. "You know, both your mothers and your father would like if you answered." He says and I look at him. "Not happening." I say and he nods. "Thought so already. I just wanted to talk to you, because I know Lana has been through. She missed you all those years you know?" He asks and I smile. "Look, I appreciate the fact that she regret giving me up for whatever reason, I really do, but there is still the fact that she left me alone, and that I got bullied for being the orphan." I say and he looks at me. "I see you already made up your mind, but I would still love for you to get to know your stepbrothers. They have been dying to meet you ever since we have been to that showcase and told them everything about you. And they wanna see their stepmother happy too." He says and I look at him. "You know, out of all this what is happening, you seem like you actually want me put in the first place, and not dragged around like a doll." I say and he smiles. "Because I can never understand how you feel, and I want to be a good stepfather to you, even if that means you don't want to see me again." He explains and I look at him. "And you are married to Lana?" I ask and he shakes his head. "I barely proposed to her a week and a half ago." He says and I smile. "Congratulations." I say softly and he smiles. "Thank you. So wanna come with me and meet my sons, Matt, Jack and Patrick?" He asks and I nod, grabbing my boots and jacket. "Sounds like a good idea." I say and text Max to let him know I am out with Fred.

We arrive at quite a big mansion and I follow Fred inside and look around. "Matt, Jack, Patrick? I have someone I want you to meet! But you have to keep it quiet from Lana." He yells through the house and within mere seconds, three boys, well two look like men, are in front of me. "Is this her?" The eldest asks and Fred nots. "I'm Patrick." He says and I smile. "I'm Eleonora, but my friends say Nora." I say and the middle one runs to me and pulls me in a big hug. "I'm Matt." He says and smiles. "Welcome to our crazy, dysfunctional family." He says and I laugh. "Well crazy it is." I say and then the last one just gives a shy wave. "I'm Jack." He says and I wave back. "Hi." I say with a small blush and Fred laughs. "Let's go guys, we got to welcome this new lady the same way we welcome all the new ladies into our family." Fred says and I look at him. "Don't worry, you'll stay dry." He says and pushes me towards the car. As soon as I sit in the back, Patrick blindfolds me and Jack puts my bag in the luggage area in the car. The only reason I notice we are actually going somewhere is because I feel the car moving. After some time, the car stops and the boys take off my blindfold. We are in Steveston, near an ice-cream shop. We enter and there is a polite small woman behind the counter. "Lana found her?" the first question is and Fred nods. The lady goes to the back, comes out with 5 huge cups of ice cream and smiles at Fred. "Free of charge, since you found her." She says and he thanks her as he lets the boys take the ice cream to me. They hand me a big pint and a spoon and as soon as Fred joins, they smile mischievously. "We kind of have a tradition with the newest ladies in our family, and that is we buy them ice cream while they tell us about themselves, so we get to know them the old school way. And we do this in a style, most college students would be proud of." Patrick explains as Matt puts an old beer bottle on the table and I start to laugh. "Only thing we have, is truth." Fred says as he gives the first spin to the bottle as I take a bite of ice cream.

We end up having a blast, and the guys only laugh about the stories from the time it went terrible with me. At one point Fred gets a call and he picks up. "Yeah we are in Steveston.... Yeah I am with the guys." He says and then freezes. "No, don't." He says quickly before he drops his phone. "She is coming." He says and I freeze. "Stay?" Jack asks and I look at him. "Okay." I say and Jack high fives him. About 10 minutes later Lana walks in and sees me. She freezes for a second while I just look at the table. "It is okay." I hear Patrick say and the guys leave. I as I look up there now sits Lana. "Hey." She says awkwardly and I look at her. "Hey." I murmur emotionless. "So I figured we might could get to know each other?" she asks and I look at her. "Sure." I say and she smiles and sighs in relieve. "What do you do for fun?" She starts and I look at her. "Mostly gaming, playing the violin and sing." I say and she smiles. "Yeah you are a pretty good singer." She says and I look at her. "And do you party?" She asks and I shake my head. "Why not, girls like you shouldn't be homebound, they should go out and party." She says, going all mom on my ass. I freeze and look at her, getting pissed. "Do you even try to get to know me? Maybe there could be a reason why I don't go out?" I ask angrily and she freezes. "It's okay." I say as I look at my empty pint of ice cream and grab it. "I'll see you later." I say pissed and then throw the pint away before leaving. Fred is there with the guys and with one nod, they get in and I get in with them. "That didn't go too well, I take it?" Fred asks and I nod. "Did she go all mom on you?" Jack asks and I turn to the backseat and smile. "She judged without knowing why I didn't do certain things, and I can get quite mad when that happens, and she is already on thin ice with me, so I just couldn't handle it. But no doubt she is an amazing woman." I say and Fred looks at me. "She is, she just missed you and she is trying really hard to make it up to you." He says and I smile. "Well, she has odd ways to show it." I say and he smiles at me.

They drop me off at Max's place and I walk in. "How was it?" is the first thing I hear when I enter and I smile. "It was okay until Lana showed up and asked me why I never go to parties and you know you shouldn't ask me." I say and Max hugs me. "Well, Jace told me Kim had a party tonight and she is still looking for someone to perform." He says and I look at him and smile. "Call her, I'll do it." I say and he smiles. I run upstairs, looking for my tight red latex dress I used to wear when I was 16 and went out every weekend to sing at parties. It would usually result in me getting free drugs and alcohol and it all ended when I ended up in a hospital after I had some polluted XTC and had a seizure. Then I realised what I was doing to myself and stopped. But now, now I didn't care anymore and just decided to let it go. After I changed and got downstairs, I realised I still had my emergency pills in my medicine bag in my backpack and ran up, to take a few. About an hour later, me and Max were there and I was pushed on stage with a microphone in my hands, and I let it all go.

The night carried on pretty well. I got free drugs from the guy who used to sell it. I repaid him by taking him to the backroom and have a quickie with him. I might be lesbian, but you could buy a lot with sex, and you didn't have to enjoy it. One of the bargirls passed me a shot of straight Vodka and I smiled as I took it without hesitating. The guys were cheering and I just had a blast. "C'mon, they are playing truth or dare." Lilly yelled and I followed. "Join us pretty?" Charles asked and I joined without hesitating. As I got a dare, the guys smiled wickedly. "Have a threesome with me and Timothy." Charles dared me. I was too far gone to realise that I shouldn't do this, and just as I was about to say yes, mom and Lana ran in with Dad trailing right behind them. "C'mon baby girl, we'll get you out of here." Lana said and I threw her off me. "Don't you ever touch me again woman. You never loved me, you gave me up to be alone, and I bet you are pissed that I didn't have a terrible orphan life, and now you feel obliged to love me because my REAL parents found you." I slurred at her as I tried to detach myself from mom, I felt the world starting to spin. "You know what? I am pissed, but only because you think I didn't love you? I love you." She says but it sounded far away. I felt my knees buckle as I saw the ground coming close. Warm hands caught me before I hit the ground, but I was already passed out by the time the voices above the water try to plead me to come back to them.