Epilogue

Epilogue

Lana

It was the middle of summer, July 14th 2017. Things changed a lot and at the same time nothing changed at all. We just finished season 6 of Once Upon A Time with the big final battle and we were now waiting for a new family member to arrive. Eleonora got a birthday gift from all her celebrity friends she made at the big performance two years ago, and it was that she could get pregnant with a sperm donor. And after almost 4 months of trying and failing, she got pregnant last November and was due any day. She got a cosy house across the street and we were now all busy with renovating it and making sure it would be fit for her baby to live in.

It is lunch time and I walk in with Eleonora to bring the guys their lunch. "How is my favourite sister?" Jack asks as they give her a chair to sit in. "Really anxious for the little one to come out." She says with a broad smile and we all laugh. Her hormones were terrible so she had some pretty bad morning sickness and she craved the weirdest things. But Jack, Matt and Patrick helped her. "What is wrong?" I hear Fred ask and she smiles. "I don't know to be honest, it just feels heavier." She says and I smile. "A sign she is due soon." I explain and she smiles and puts my hand on her stomach and I feel a small nudge. "It has been some time since she kicked." Nora says softly and Ginny laughs. "That too is because she is almost coming." Ginny explains and she blushes. "I really do suck as a mother." She starts and Jen pulls her in a quick hug. "No you are a first time mother, you can't possibly know everything." She says, comforting Nora a bit. "And believe me, it is a lot, being pregnant, and we are here to help." I say softly and she smiles. "You are too sweet ma." She says softly and I give her a small smile. "So what are your birthday plans for tomorrow?" Colin suddenly asks as he holds his son, Evan. "Have fun with my family and you guys." I say and I see him smile. His wife, Helen, smiles too. "We are so happy you invited me and Evan too." She says and I smile. "That is because you are part of this crazy OUAT family." Nora says with a cheeky smile and Helen smiles.

The guys continue painting and renovating the master bedroom while I put Nora in the rocking chair in the nursery and let her instruct us ladies on everything. The walls are a soft cream colour and the cradle is a beautiful white wooden piece of art. She sits there and I see she enjoys being part of it all. "The plush toys can go on the commode." She tells Ginny, who brings in all the plush animals Nora got at the baby shower. Ginny smiles as she sorts the plush animals when Josh comes in. "Hugo and Oliver keep asking for you." He says and I smile as she rushes out. "That is the call of a mother." Emilie tells Nora and she smiles. "I hope I'll be a good mom like Ginny too." She says shyly and I smile. "You have us who believe in you, your entire fanbase believes in you. Remember when you sang the duet with Rag'n'bone and told them you were pregnant? They all congratulated you on social media." I say softly and she looks at me with tears in her eyes. "You guys are the best." She says and we all laugh.

Later that night, back at my place, Fred and I were left alone after dinner. "Do you think the baby will come on your birthday?" Fred asks with a teasing smile. "All I know is that if the baby will come tomorrow, that it would be the best present ever." I say and he smiles as he kisses me deeply. Suddenly we hear a yelp, an angry scream and Matt calling for me. I and Fred sprint to Nora's room and she sits on the ground. "Are you sure it is a contraction? It could be a kick." Jack says and I see the anger. "Shall I show you what a kick is?" She screams angrily while her contraction subside. "Time the contractions." I tell Patrick and make my way to her. "Calm down love, did your water break?" I ask gently and she nods. "It was a bit of water and two seconds later an contr-..." She breaks off. "Ma that was less than a minute." Patrick says and I turn to Fred, who nods and calls for an ambulance. "You'll be okay." I say and she nods as she goes through the contraction. "I'll go with her, meet you after our granddaughter is born." I tell Fred and give him a quick peck and follow the EMTs outside into the ambulance. The entire ride is filled with questions. "Her due date is the 16th." Nora manages to tell the nurse that is helping her through her contractions. "It'll be okay, we'll get you set up and all and then you'll have a baby in no time." I hear the nurse say as Nora tries her best to crush my hand

The labour is a tough one but it is going quicker then expected. "We think another 5 minutes until she can push." A nurse informs me and I smile as I wipe the sweat of Nora's forehead. "Am I strong enough?" She weakly asks and I smile. "You are stronger than I have ever been." I say and she smiles as she closes her eyes for a few seconds before going through another violent contraction. "Next contraction you have to push." The doctor say as she tries to catch her breath. Not even a minute later she has another heavy contraction, pushing hard while screaming terrible things. "It is crowning!" I hear someone say and I focus on her. "Come on love, you can do it! It is your baby girl and you know how much I love you, and you will love her just as much." I say and a violent scream erupts from her throat as she gives the final push and we are greeted by a beautiful cry. "A baby girl." The doctor announces happily and I smile as she gets to hold him. "She is so precious." She whispers before handing her daughter to a nurse to get the baby cleaned up. "We'll change covers and then the family can come in." A nurse says and I nod as I look at the nurse cleaning my granddaughter. About twenty minutes later, we are sitting around the bed, smiling down at the peaceful scene in front of us. "Want to hold her ma?" Nora asks and I smile as I carefully lift the baby out of her arms and align the head with the petit body and smile tenderly as the little one yawns a little. "Cameron Elana Parrilla is her name." Nora says softly and I let a small tear fall and she smiles. "Nice twist on ma's name." Jack jokes and we all laugh. I smile and look at the baby. "What is her time of birth?" I suddenly ask and Nora smiles. "8 minutes past midnight, July 15th." She says and I smile. "Well there you beautiful birthday gift." I say and the guys laugh as I rock my granddaughter.

Three weeks later

We are in the car to Steveston. There is this Once meetup and Nora bribed me to go with her going too together with little Cameron. I park my car and smile as Nora gets out. She is in a beautiful off-white lace dress with a few buttons in front, making it easy for her to breastfeed Cameron when needed. Cameron herself is wrapped in the same off-white blanket and I smile as they look so incredibly peaceful together. "Wear your jacket." I say and Nora puts on her leather jacket and then grabs her daughter out of the carseat. I smile as she walks with it, fans looking at her with an adoring smile. "Hi there." She chirps and all the girls just swoon at the sight of the baby. "Can I have a selfie with you?" A girl asks and I smile. "Hand me Cameron." I say and then signal the girl to take a photo. Nora smiles with a longing look in her eyes at the baby in my arms as I take photos and everyone smiles at the baby. After a while we head to where we filmed the townhall scenes and Jen immediately gushes over little Cameron. I take Nora aside and hand her a cup of tea, and she smiles as she keeps an eye out of Jen and Ginny just showing her to everyone in the crew. "Relax, the group is quite fond of her, even Jared holds her." I say looking at my on-screen stepson. Nora relaxes as I say that while Jared is chirping to everyone that he held little Cameron. Then it was time for the actors to climb the stage and Jared had to hand back a fussy Cameron. I saw Nora slip out and my guess was to breastfeed her baby, and Jared smiles as me. "Grandma Lana looks very grandma." He says in a teasing way and I smile softly. "She is my baby after all and her daughter is my granddaughter and I have to pr-..." I start to ramble and everyone laughs and I blush. "It is okay Lana, we all are kind of taken with the little angel she put on this earth." Colin says and I smile.

When the fans see us again, everyone is taking photos of my daughter and her daughter. "Wow this never happened with us." Ginny says to Josh and I smile. "But you were not the surprise daughter with an actress as mother and a big and successful career as singer and violinist." I say and she shrugs. "That is also true." She says and I smile as Nora puts on her glasses and gets to my car, getting in without a word and I soon join her. "We'll follow them to the restaurant and have the dinner there, then we'll go home." I say and she shrugs. "You can go to the afterparty, I'll take a nap in the back of your car." She says silently while looking at her baby. "I won't. I'll call Ginny and tell her we are heading home. You both need your rest." I decide on a spur and turn the car and dial Ginny hands free. "What is it Lana?" I hear her ask me and I take a left to home. "We are heading home. I have two dead tired ladies in my car and they are both asleep of on the edge of falling asleep." I say and I can just hear Ginny smile. "Take them home, I will excuse you. And have fun with the doll of a granddaughter you have." She says as she closes the call. I pull up and Patrick comes out to help me with the baby and he lifts up his sister and carries her inside and up the stairs, I follow behind to put Cameron in the old crib we put in her room until she can move to her own house. "Sleep tight sissy." Patrick says as he tucks her in and I smile as I notice the foetus position she is in. I climb next to her and fall asleep too, my last thoughts being how lucky I am to have found my daughter and how lucky I am to have spent my days cherishing and loving them, how I now have my granddaughter and the family I always wanted. I really have become the mother I always wanted myself to be!