Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Lana

It was already late when I got home. I didn't expect anyone to be awake but to my surprise Fred sat in the kitchen with a cup of tea in his hands. "Hey." I say and he turns. "Hey babe, how was work?" He asks and I smile. "Long, too long." I say and he nods. "Something up?" I ask and he nods. "Theo kicked Eleonora out earlier today, and she decided to live here now." He says softly and I let out a sigh. "Is she okay, please tell me she is fine." I say and almost leave to go check on her. "She is fine Lana, she is just tired. She spend an hour crying to Patrick, then another hour eating ice cream and then she just laid in bed watching Once Upon a Time, you know the DVD box you got her." Fred explains and I sigh. "And there is another thing I wanna talk about." Fred says and I look at him. "What is it?" I ask and he looks at me. "She was kind of upset she didn't have a studio anymore to record her songs and she told me she also livestreamed from time to time, so I was wondering, if we could transform the old shed into a place for her to have her studio." He says and I look at him. "That is a good idea." I say and he smiles softly. I look at the mail that came in today and decide there is nothing that cannot wait another day to be looked at. "Take me to her room. I wanna check on her. It must be though getting kicked out by the people who raised you." I say and he nods, as he grabs my hand an walks me up to her room. The door is not even fully closed and I can see her laying on her bed, her laptop on the nightstand I got her a few weeks ago. "She looks so peaceful." I say softly to Fred and he smiles. "What can I say? She is clearly your daughter." He says and I smile and give him a small kiss and then focus back on my baby girl. Suddenly her phone screen lights up and I grab it, to prevent her from waking up and lay it next to her laptop. I give her a light kiss on the forehead and then walk out and go with Fred to our room.

The next morning I am woken by the smell of bacon and pancakes. I sit up with the mind-set that Fred is preparing me breakfast, especially since he does get up early if I have to work early, but I find him still sound asleep. I walk downstairs and see Nora in the kitchen working with pans, flipping pancakes and cutting fruit. "Morning." I say softly and she turns to me. "Hi ma." She says and I freeze. "Ma?" I ask, my voice cracking a little. I see the smile on her face as she nods. "You are my mother, right?" She says in a joking way and I laugh. "What are you doing up at this hour?" I ask and she smiles. "I couldn't sleep anymore. So I knew you had to get up early, since Fred told me, and decided you could use a good breakfast made by your one and only daughter." She says and I smile. "Thank you." I say and she smiles. "And I was wondering if you would mind me bringing you to work? I have to be near Steveston to pick up some good I ordered for my streaming room back at where I used to live with Emma and Theo, but I can store it until I get a place of my own." She asks and I nod. "I would love for you to come with me. A day on set would do you good. I have just two scenes to film and I get off around noon, so if you want to, we can go shopping?" I propose to her and I see her face light up in pure happiness. "I would love to ma." She says as she hands me the plate with scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes and a cup of steaming hot tea. She herself grabs the fruit and the rest of the eggs and bacon and sits down. "The pancakes are for the guys." She says and I smile.

After breakfast and getting dressed, we hop in her Toyota and drive to Steveston at the crack of dawn. I smile as I see the focussed look on her face as she suddenly stops. "Give me 5 minutes, I'll be back." She says and runs around the corner. Not even 5 minutes later she returns and hands me two Chocolate Chip frappuncinos. "I couldn't help myself." She says as she fastens her seatbelt and drives away. I hand her one of the cups and she takes a quick sip from it before putting it in a holder. Not much later we pull up in front of the trailer park. I hand her my card and security makes her a visitor card before she pulls up in the parking lot and we walk my trailer. "LANA!" I hear Ginny yell and soon I am tackled by her. Nora just grins stupidly and walks in, giving me and Ginny some space to talk. "Why did she come?" Ginny asks surprised and I smile. "She had to pick some stuff up and I was thinking that after I finished shooting I could go shopping with her." I say and Ginny looks at me. "Well, there is something I want you to know before Eddy and Adam tell the rest of the crew, but Josh and I are expecting a little baby." She says and I hug her. "Ginny, that is amazing news, I am so happy for the two of you!" I exclaim and she smiles with that happy glow I saw on so many of my friends. Ginny smiles as I look to my trailer longingly. "I hope I will look at my child the way you look at Eleonora." She suddenly says and I look at her confused. Ginny just laughs. "You are just always looking for her whenever she is near, and looking out for her whenever you are in a situation you don't know." She says in a way the admiration comes through. I smile and lay a hand on her shoulder. "That is how it is to be a mother Ginny, and I know you will be a fantastic one." I say and she smiles as she gives me one last hug. "By the way, Jen was looking for you, something about a surprise you two had planned?" Ginny says and I nod. "I'll meet her." I say and she walks away to Josh again, who gives me a quick wave. I enter the trailer and smell freshly made coffee. "Want a cup?" I hear Nora ask. "Yes please." I murmur as I close the door and she hands me a cup. "It is boring here." She says and I smile. "After filming I always take the photo frames home, but I'll put them in the trailer again tomorrow. I have to go to make-up now, so you think you'll be good for the next three hours?" I ask her and she nods, holding up her laptop bag and points at her violin case and smiles. "I still have some work to for the UBC, that should take a while." She says happily and I smile. "Some of the crew might come by to meet you, but they are nice so I think you'll get along well." I say and she nods. I give her one last hug and a small kiss on her forehead and walk out the trailer. Jen immediately joins me. "How is Nora?" Jen asks and I smile. "She moved in with us yesterday after her parents kicked her out. Fred and the boys are going to change the shed into a little studio for her to record her music and livestream her games." I say and Jen smiles. "You know, you are a great mother." She says and I smile. "Lana, Jen!" I suddenly hear from behind and Eddy runs to us with new scripts in his hand. "Episode 9 for you guys." He says as he hands us the scripts. "Oh and Lana, we would appreciate it if you would come to us between takes, this is going to be a hard season for you." He says and I nod. "I'll visit you between takes." I say and he nods. I enter the make-up trailer and soon I am too buried in talking about all kinds of things, that I forget the complete fact that Nora is here, up until Colin enters. "Your daughter is quite a charmer like you." He says in his Irish accent and I smile. "C'mon, she isn't that bad." I say and he nods. "Not that bad, but man she makes the best coffee with milk, sugar and whipped cream I ever tasted." He says and I look at him. "She is quite the cook, yeah." I murmur and Emilie yells through the trailer: "Wait until you hear her play the violin!" and Colin looks at me. "She is exactly like you, talented in the entertainment side of things." He says and I nod. "She is probably more talented than I ever was." I say and he shakes his head. "No one beats your acting love." He says in a Hook kind of way and we all laugh.

Between my two scenes I have to film today, I make my way to the little office Eddy has in Steveston and knock. "In." I hear and I walk in. "Sit please, we have something I have to discuss with you about this season." He says and I look at him. "This season, mostly 3A though, is going to be reflecting back on Regina a lot. So a lot of reflections back to when she adopted Henry, and motives why she did some of the things she did. And Regina has to say some harsh things too." He says and I look at him. "You are worried because of my past, of what happened to Eleonora?" I ask and he nods. "She is a sweetheart, but I think we all know how you were those first few weeks after your big secret came out Lana. You hurt yourself so bad with giving her up." He says and I nod. "I know, but I have her now and I will try to fix it, to make it better and it might help with my acting too." I say and Eddy smiles. "Oh how I love the fact we were able to cast you." He says walks around his desk to give me a quick hug. "What is the plan now?" He asks and I smile. "The only part of script that is at the convent stairs for me. Where Emma and Regina have a discussion about Henry." I say and he smiles. "Good luck." He says as I leave.

Once I return after changing back into my own clothes after filming the last scene, I see a horde of people in front of my trailer. As I get closer I hear the beautiful violin notes I recognize as Nora's. "Let me through." I say softly to everyone and they let me pass. I open the door and in she is, playing the violin, sitting there calmly as she plays. As soon as she finishes I smile. "I don't know that song." I say and she looks up in shock. "It is one of my favourites. Transcendence. It is just a beautiful piece to play." She says shyly and I smile. "Well, you are good at playing it." I say and she smiles. "And in the meanwhile, you gathered yourself quite a fanbase." I say as I point outside to my colleagues and crewmembers. She blushes a deep red and walks to the door to do a mini wave and then quickly slams the door, before she starts laughing uncontrollably.