Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Eleonora

2 years later...

I smiled as the bus stopped at my place. "See you later idiots!" I yell as I grab my bags and walk outside. The driver grabs my suitcase and gives me a hug. "See you next September!" He says as he hugs me and I smile as I hug him back, before heading to the big entrance of the mansion ma and Fred now live in. Before I reach the door, it is slammed open and ma runs down the stairs to give me a tight hug. "How were things in Europe and Japan? You have to tell me everything." She exclaims and I smile.

A lot of things happened since I left Burbank. I quit my education (and the 6 month relation I had with Luce after I found out she cheated on me) when I got the chance to go on a road trip with Max and Jace in Arianna Grande's preshow shows. We kind of blew up with our hit "Fire" and then things blew up. GaySome had just gone big. We just had our first ever Europe and Asia tour, mostly Japan, and then had a few American stops before heading back home with the guys to Vancouver. Ma and Fred had been really supportive, and when I cancelled concerts for their wedding, they were so happy. Ever since the wedding the guys and I decided to call Lana our ma and Fred our pa.

As I walk in I see Fred with the guys. "Hey." I say as I hug the guys. Fred joins and I smile. Ma brings in my suitcase and violin bag and I smile. "How were things?" They ask and I smile broadly. "So amazing, all those fans! And I loved the Netherlands. Everyone was so chill and we just hang out there. One of the fans held up the gay flag!" I say and they smile. "Well, that concert was the day Obama got gay marriage through congress." Patrick says and I smile. "That is true." I laugh and they smile. "Oh and Jen called. She is free tomorrow and wants to go shopping with you." Fred says and I nod. "Thanks dad." I say and he smiles. I give them the gifts I got them and then join them at the dinner table to tell stories that happened the last few months. Suddenly ma and Fred rise and walk out. I shrug it off, even though Matt, Jack and Patrick get nervous. Suddenly ma and Fred walk in with the cutest kittens ever, both holding one. I get up and pick them both up and I start to cry of happiness as I see the two furry kittens in my arms. One plays with my hair while the other one looks around. "We remembered how you wanted a cat of your own, and Riawna had two Maine Coons left from the nest so this is the birthday gift from us and the entire OUAT cast." Ma says and I smile as I mouth a thank you. I put them on the ground and watch as they run around to play. "Two females." Fred says and I smile. The one with black fur and red pieces throughout the fur is the one that sticks closest to me and I smile. "Leona." I say and I look at the white and grey one who is exploring the living room and I smile. "And that one is Lux." I say and I see Matt pick up Lux, who looks at him in a curious way as she puts her little paw on his nose. I laugh and hug Fred and ma. "Thanks pa and ma." I say and I feel them embrace me.

The next morning I wake up early, surprised to not be in a moving vehicle, and I sit up in panic. I quickly realise it is my room so I grab my headphones and walk downstairs. I smile as I see ma and Fred asleep on the couch. I put a blanket over them and quietly make my cereal in the kitchen together with a glass of cold cocoa. I eat in peace, the only sound coming from my headphones. I smile as I see Lenny watching after the kittens. I give him a small pet on the head when Lola walks in. I give her, her dogfood and put kitten food in the two small bowls and Lenny's food in a separate bowl. I smile as Lola eats and Lenny the kittens force out of the comfortable position they are in to eat. After Lola finish eating I put her collar and leash on and take her out for a small walk. When I return I am still the only one awake, so I decide to stay in the kitchen. I grab my laptop to post updates on social media about me arriving home safely and I share a photo of my new kittens. Then I check my mail and work on a new project against gun violence. As I work, Lana walks into the kitchen with a face that just screams that she is still sleepy and looks at me. "How long have you been up?" She asks and I look at the small clock in my screen, telling me it is a little over 7am. "For about an hour." I say and she looks at me with a small smile. "What are you working on?" She asks and I smile. "A project GaySome and some other bands are going to do. We are working on a program against gun violence." I say and she smiles as I show her the beginning of the lyrics I wrote. She smiles as she presses a small kiss on my forehead and then makes herself some coffee. As we sit and talk, I hear my ringtone. "With Eleonora." I pick up and smile as I hear Jen's voice. "Hey how are you?" She says happily and I smile. "I am fine, and you?" I ask and she laughs. "I am fine too. Hey I know I asked Lana to ask you if you wanted to go to a mall today, but I am near your place and I was wondering if you wanted to head out for some Starbucks before our shopping trip?" She asks and I smile. "I'll put on my shoes and meet you outside." I say and she closes the call. Ma looks at me. "We're gonna head out for some early Starbucks and then go shopping." I say and she nods as she gives me a tight hug. I put on some comfy sneakers and then run outside to meet Jen standing at her car. I give her a quick hug and quickly get in the car as she starts asking me all about my tour through Asia and Europe.

We pull up in front of the mall and first head to the Starbucks. I get myself an iced shaken tea and Jen gets herself her usual. I tell her all about Japan and the fans there when through the mall music boxes 'Fire' comes on. I smile as I sing along with it with Jen and people start to look at us. "It is a good song." Jen says as we finish singing and I smile. "That is the reason why it is such a hit." I say and she smiles. We get up and walk through the mall, stopping first at Kiko. "I need my concealer. I used the last of it last concert." I say and we walk in. Then we head to H&M to look for some shirts and dresses. I love dresses because you can easily transform them into something awesome. Then we head to this boutique in the mall named Large. It is owned by two Dutch immigrants and they sell amazing alternative jewellery and I am a regular there. "Hey guys." I say as I enter and immediately Donna, the lady who owns it, hugs me and smiles, calling her husband in Dutch. I walk over to the necklaces and she smiles as she runs behind the counter. "We held this one aside for you." She says as she shows me a beautiful necklace with a holographic fox as charm on it. "How much for it?" I ask and she smiles. "$10." She says and I smile. "Wrap it up for me." I say and she smiles. I end up buying some necklaces, two pair of beautiful earrings and a purple and pink wig. We then head to go sit down somewhere and eat lunch. I smile as we sit down at some restaurant and I check the menu. I order with Jen as we gossip about things and smile as I realise how much I missed being home. "So? What is the plan now?" Jen asks and I smile. "I was thinking about just focussing on me for a few months and spend time with family. I will visit aunt Deena and Grammie next month and after that will meet ma in Brooklyn where we will spend time with her father's family." I say and she laughs at me being this happy. Suddenly Max calls and I pick up. "Are you at the usual mall?" He asks the second I pick up and I smile. "Yeah, why?" I ask and he laughs. "Stay there, me and Jace are coming. We wanna see Jen again too!" He exclaims and closes the call. Jen looks at me and I snort. "Max and Jace are coming." I say and she nods. "It will be nice seeing them again." She says and I smile. We finally get our lunch and start eating hungrily. Jen smiles and looks at me. "Missed the good food here?" She asks and I nod as I shove the cheeseburger I ordered in my mouth. She quickly takes a photo and I laugh as she posts it on Instagram. We start talking about what is happening in her life, her encounter with her ex, Jesse, and about the things happening on set. She tells me Ginny and Josh are trying for a second child and tells me all about Bex being engaged to Marc. I laugh as she gets really drawn into a story about Josh and ma having a prank war and I smile as she shows the photos of her, Helen (Colin's wife) and Colin's son Evan. "How is Helen with you having to kiss her husband?" I ask and she smiles. "She knows it is nothing, because she sees what the entire cast sees, a very good friendship." She explains and I smile. "You and Colin just grew to trust each other and that makes a good friendship." I say happily and she smiles. "You are so much more understanding than Josh or Ginny or even your mother in that way, you see that is happening and not what could be." She says and I smile. I pay for the food and we start to walk again. As we walk towards the main area where stores like Lush ad Forever 21 are, we hear yelling and shouting. As we near closer, I make my way through, Jen following behind. Suddenly I hear a gun go off and a sharp pain go through my left shoulder. I see people around me duck but my body is already falling down. "NO!" I hear a familiar female voice yell as I see policemen stop the shooter and I feel my eyes close. My face is turned to face someone, who is blurry in my sight and who begs me to keep my eyes open, but darkness takes over.