**part 10**

Sunday night Closing time at Rummies

Devon POV
"So lex you think you and Halle can handle Tuesday night alone?" she looks at me with a look of hurt "oh you wound me Dev! Of course we can!" we laugh "over dramatic much?" "nah, so what you wearing?" I groan. "I don't know maybe jeans and a nice top?" she shakes her head "nuhhuh sister I don't think so! When we get home in raiding that closet of yours! Want to see if Halle wants to come over or too soon?" I think about the other night, I know Brogan and Brandyn was testing her but she didn't know that. "Too soon Lex." "that's fine I get it, don't blame you actually, I'm about done with the dishes waiting for that last load to run going to see how much longer Halle has." "okay I'm about done cleaning the grill."

"You can have tomorrow off Halle since it will be just you and lexus Tuesday night, make sure to rest up in case it does get busy. And ill work on making a schedule for the next month any certain days you need off?" I say as we are sitting at the bar waiting for my brother to show up so we can lock up. "I have some stuff scheduled ill send you a text but other than that in sure I can work around a schedule without any problems" she tells me a smile "great! Lex you ready? Brandyn just pulled in?" I yell I hear the bathroom door open "yep just had to go to the little girls room before we head home" "okay lets go"
We lock up and me and lex head towards our house. "So do you know where this date is?" lex ask me as we pull in to the drive way. I sigh "uh no?" she laughs "are you seriously answering me in a questioning tone?" "sorry no. No i don't know where this date it." she nods her head "okay. Text him and check. Just be like hey so what's these plans for Tuesday?" "you make it sound so easy lex, but we've not talked since Friday night. He patrolled last night with someone else and is off tonight. He always comes in when patrolling to grab dinner or at least a shake. I think he's changed his mind. Hell Brandyn hasn't even been bitching. And...." I plop down on my bed. And feel lexus sit down beside me, "and what Devyn?" ugh why did I did that I will never know. "And the other night he told me he loved me, said him and Brandyn talked about it while I was asleep when Brandyn showed up, said he laid it all out on the line with him and now he's just gone cold. Poof not showing up no text or anything." she pats my head "there there I got this." I set up and cross my legs "what you mean you got this?" she pulls out her phone "texting Marcus, maybe he knows something." "oh okay." "but until he replies lets pick out clothes? How about that pretty wine colored top and leggings with boots? That top looks amazing on you the color goes well with your skin tone!" I nod my head "sure, I love that top, especially they cut outs in the back at my shoulders." she pulls out everything she wants to be with this outfit, "actually I think maybe I have a pair of booties that would go great with this, and no before you ask, they are not heels, I know you hate them and I wouldn't put you in anything you like" she tells me pulling her phone from her pocket again I tell her "I know just was double checking even tho I didn't get to ask." she shakes her head and lets out a breath, "Marcus says he hasn't talked to Brogan since last night when he sent him to a call of someone reporting a prowler , they had someone in their back yard." I look at her, "didn't Halle say she had someone in her back yard last night?" lexus face is one of shock,"uh yeah. She did, you don't think?" "no surely not, not after what happened Friday." "okay, well in exhausted, going to grab a shower and hit the hay, see you in the morning pretty lady!" I laugh "you too hot stuff goodnight!" I yell as I hear her walk down the hall to her room. Im going to grab a shower my self and head to bed... As I lay down to go to bed I check my phone, I have a text.
Brogan: hey beautiful, sorry about being MIA for the last couple of days been busy with work, you know how it goes. I know you're probably asleep. But, Miss you. See you soon goodnight
Devyn: was getting worried about you Brogan. Thought you was planning on ditching me in Tuesday.
Brogan: not a chance Devyn. 😉Waited too long for this date to finally happen no way in hell am I missing it.
Devyn: 😊😊 good. Can't wait. Oh and lex wants to know where this date is at?
Brogan: tell her it's a surprise, I got it all planned out and set up and I think she will approve 😁
Devyn: 😂😂okay ill let mother hen know. Well Im going to get some shut eye 5am rolls around quick see you later Brogan. Goodnight
Brogan:goodnight Devyn