Part 11

Monday Morning: 

Devyn POV

"Ready Dev?" Lexus ask from the front door as I come out of the kitchen. "Yeah let me just grab my phone." I hear the front door open, "I'll be in the car." I go grab my phone off my vanity in my room and head out the door, I look to my truck, but Lexus is in her car so I guess we are taking her car to work this morning, so I hop in the passenger seat of her car. "Speaking of phones, have you heard anything from Brogan?" She ask as she pulls out of our driveway heading towards Rummies. "Yeah, he texted last night and he said to tell you it's a surprise." She smacks the steering wheel, "Ugh Damn him! How am I suppose to make sure you are dressed properly?" I bust out laughing, "I'm telling you, you should just let me go in jeans." I turn on the radio and she turns it off. "I think not! Hell will freeze over before I let that happen. I'll see what Marcus knows, surely one of the guys know something." I just shake my head, "Yeah yeah Lex, can we listen to the radio now? That was one of my favorite songs you turned off right after I turned on the radio." Lexus turns the radio back on and I notice it wasn't just the radio playing she was listening to one of my cds. "Since when do you listen to Chris Young?" She sighs, "Marcus is trying to talk me into one of the songs for the wedding, it's growing on me but I don't think I like it for the wedding itself, a song at the reception, sure but it don't feel like us." I nod my head, "Did you tell him that?" she just taps her fingers on the steering wheel, "I'm taking that as a no." "You would be correct, but he's coming by this morning for breakfast after the morning rush so we can talk wedding plans with the help of my maid of honor." She says pulling into the parking lot. We head into the building, Lexus takes my bag from me in the kitchen as I turn on the grill, oven, and deep fryer, Lexus comes back thru to grab the coffee pots to fill up. We go thru our every morning routine of getting food ready, before the first customers arrive. 

9am rolls around we have finally slowed down all caught up and both of us just took a seat to start eating our breakfast plates, when the bell above the front door dings, we do a quick rock paper scissors, and Lex win, "Getting good babe." I tell her as I head towards the front, I come around the corner and yell back to Lexus, "The bell was for you Lex." And I head back toward the kitchen, when Marcus says "Not so fast Devyn, someone's here for you too." I turn around just as I hear the bell ding again, Brogan walks thru the door, Lexus smacks me on the butt, "You're welcome bestie, now grab your plate and join us." "What about the guys some food?" "I got Marcus a plate fixed sitting in the oven, Brogan you eating?" "Sure I'll have whatever Devyn is having." I nod my head "Gravy, Biscuit, and hashbrowns then?" He smiles, "Sounds great just add a side of  bacon." "Okie dokie" I grab the plate to fix Brogans food. After I pull the hash browns from the grill i take mine and his plate to the booth table to join the group, and take a seat next to Brogan, receiving a kiss on the cheek. "Good Morning Beautiful" he whispers in my ear, "Morning Sunshine. Everything look okay?" I ask putting ketchup on my hashbrowns. "Everything looks perfect from where i'm sitting." I just shake my head. "So Lex, this song you was talking about this morning." I look to Lex and she glares at me while Marcus pipes in, "What song? The song  I think we should play during the unity part of the wedding?" "Um yeah that one." Lex says and I just say "OH." "What about it?" Marcus ask "Uh well that guy that sings it Dev, likes she has the cd and i kinda stole it and it was on the car this morning and I gave her the rundown of why i stole her cd when i'm not crazy over the song anyway." I giggle, "Hun you don't even like the guy that sings the song, but she is open to the song being played at the reception, and i agree with her, maybe the unity song should be y'all's song or a song yall both like" Marcus nods, "I see your point Dev, so our song Lex, what do you think will that work for you?" her face lights up, "YEP! George Strait works!" He pulls her in for a kiss "Great!"  we all eat in silence for a little while when Lexus starts in, "A surprise huh?" "Lex" I say at the same time Marcus says "What?" and Brogan, "Yep." Brogan leans back with a smile on his face and puts his arm around me.  I just smack my forehead, leave it to Lex, the suspense is killing her. "Why? Why does it have to be a surprise? Don't you know girls like to know where they are going so they know what to wear?" Marcus just shakes his head while Brogan takes her up on her arguement. "Lex, Devyn can wear whatever she wants tomorrow for our date." Lex huffs and crosses her arms, "It's just not fair, and now she's going to want to wear jeans after I've argued with her not to." "Listen lexus, if I show up at y'all's house tomorrow and she wants to go on our date in her underwear she can." I choke on my food and grab my orange juice, catching everyone's attention, Marcus speaks before i get the chance, "Okay you two that's enough, and I'm speaking as a brotherly figure when I say Devyn will not be going on yalls date in her underwear, now drop it, okay Lexus. Don't worry about THEIR date unless she comes home crying then call me then call Brandyn, better yet I'll be at yalls place tomorrow night and if she comes home crying I'll call Brandyn myself. That work Lexus?" i clear my throat, "Guys I'm right here, I can take care of getting myself ready tomorrow night, everyone just chill out, Lex i get your excited but hun please just drop it, and you," I say pointing at marcus, "Better not tell my brother shit tomorrow night." he hold both hands up, "Okay okay, you win" I laugh and get up grabbing all of our plates, now if yall don't mind I have a lunch special to prepare, Brogan see you tomorrow night." He grabs my wrist pulling me in close "6 sound good?" I smile "Perfect." He gives me a kiss, "Later babe" I go to the back and sit the dishes on the sink.  I feel arms wrap around me and Lex says "Sorry D." I pat her arm and turn around "It's okay lex, i know you're just excited, hell I am, but what happens happens okay? and please please do not let marcus call Brandyn at all tomorrow." We laugh and i hug her "Promise" Then we set off on taking care of lunch. 
.
.
.
.

We're cleaning up at closing and I'm worrying to death about tomorrow, "Lex you sure you and Halle will be okay tomorrow night?" She sigh and pulls me in for a hug, "yes I'm sure, me and you both have ran this place by ourselves before while the other has been sick, we will be okay. You are going to go on your date and have a great time then come back home and tell me how wonderful it was. Now let's get home.
.
.
We go to my room, and I plop down on the bed as she goes to my closet, "here, wear this with your jeans, it's comfy but still a little girly" lex says standing in front of me holding out a white vneck shirt with a long button down plaid shirt. I laugh "what? What's wrong with it?" "I think I'll do the leggings with it, keep it girly, just for you. Now go to bed I don't know how you're still going at 11pm after being up at 4 this morning! You get some sleep and I'll open in the morning you just show up later than usual ok." "Okay good night D"

.
.
.
A/n: The next chapter I'm going to have a little bit of the diner but jump straight to the date and it's going to heat up 😉 let me know what y'all think xoxo