Prologue

The Mikaelson's lived in peace, never fearing the beasts that lived in the village with them, never having to worry about the next day's meal.

All together Esther and Mikael had a total of eight kids, only two of them happened to be twins. The eldest, Freya, was taken by Esther's sister, so they moved to the new world to start a new life. There they had more kids.

All was well in their new home, they had to hunker down once a month on the night of the full moon, but they were happy. They were at peace.

But as we all know peace never last, one way or another the scale is going to tip and the bad will return. The day that it happened it was a normal morning. The sun was shining, not a cloud in sight. Esther was preparing meals for the family often. The kids were playing outside, Mikael was out sharpening his weapons. It was Angelyn, daughter of Esther and a local werewolf, that decided that her and her brother, Henrik would see the humans turn into beasts. And they did, but that's not all the happened.

She was wearing a white dress with her light brown hair hanging down to her shoulders. Her brother was wearing a brown suit and he had short brown hair. He didn't know it, but this was the last walk he would ever walk, the last time we would ever see his family because his sister who he looked up to had sinister plans.

The night was approaching when they settled down behind logs, they watched the people change into wolves. Angelyn was amazed she had never seen it before. Henrik, on the other hand, was terrified of the sight in front of him. He wanted nothing more than to go home.

The whole day, Angelyn wasn't feeling like herself, she wasn't actually sure why she brought Henrik out here or why she had a knife stashed away in her boots. All she felt was this overwhelming sense of anger. She didn't know where this was coming from, seeing as she is not a violent person.

Angelyn turned her head from the wolves to her brother that was looking up at her with fear in his eyes. That's when something overcame her and she had no control over her body.

It was like she was watching herself in the third person. She could see herself reach down to her boots and pull out the knife that she stole from her father a few hours before they had left. She saw the fear in her brother's eyes increase as he saw the knife in her hands.

Henrik turned to get away from his sister, afraid of her at the moment, he didn't care if that meant running straight to the wolves. He just ran like his life depended on it because it did.

Angelyn smirked as she saw the increasing fear radiate off of the youngest Mikaelson as he ran. Soon she was running to, but since she was older than him she caught up to him and grabbed his arm, twisting it. He let out a cry of pain, which only fueled her desire to end his life.

She ran the knife along his chest, creating a line of blood, it wasn't deep enough to kill him, just enough to hurt him. By now the wolves are interested in what the siblings are doing.

One walks over to them, but Angelyn quickly slashes at the wolf and it runs away. She turns her attention back to her bleeding brother and creates more cut to make it look like claw marks. She does this a few more time, each time going a little deeper. Until she gets bored of his screams for help and stabs him in the heart.

She smiles as she looks down her now dead brother, but the real her, the one that has no control over her body, is crying screaming at herself to stop.

After the thing inside of her has sucked the life out of her brother Angelyn get control back. She weeps over the body of her youngest brother, thinking to herself.

How is going to explain this to her family?

She turns her head and sees the wolves. That's how, she thought as she picked up her brother and carried him back home, while tears ran down her face.

When she reached the house she called out for her mother, who came running to the door. Before she could say anything Angelyn explained what happened, leaving out a few parts and add parts like saying the wolves killed him instead of saying that she did.

Her family seemed to believe it, her father, Mikael, seemed the most upset at her. He's always hated her and now he actually has a reason to.

"You should have been watching him! We told you not to go up there but you did and look what you've done girl!" Mikael yelled into the crying girls face. Esther in the back watching her daughter with disgust in her eyes.

"Angelyn, come here," Esther called her, she tried to sound friendly but it came out much harsher then she meant. Angelyn obeyed and followed her mother into the house to the room where they practice magic.

Esther opened the door and Angelyn walks in, she then closes the door and turns to face the abomination she calls her daughter.

"How could you!" She all but yelled at Angelyn, who looked taken back but her mother's tone.

"I didn't, mother it was the beasts, I swear." Angelyn tried to explain to her mother, but Esther had already made up her mind.

"You are a disgrace to this family, you shouldn't even have the Mikaelson name! You were never wanted in this family, you were a mistake and every time I see you I can't help but think how much our lives would be better if you were never born. You're an abomination, I should just kill you instead of what I'm fixing to do, but killing you would give you the easy way out and I want you to suffer for what you did!" Her mother yells, making Angelyn start sobbing harder.

Esther didn't even give her daughter a chance to speak before she started chanting the spell to send her away.

Sanguinem filio, sanguinem effurgarex perpetuum.

She repeated it over and over, as her daughter keeled down as she cried out in pain. She held her head in her hand hoping that would ease the pain a bit.

Sanguinem filio, sanguinem effurgarex perpetuum.

Esther continued to chant, and the pain Angelyn was feeling cease to exist as she was teleported to an alternate world.

She laid on the floor of her house, that was vacant. Her sapphire eyes sprung open, and she gasped for air. She looked around expecting to see her siblings running around the house or hear her mother humming as she made dinner. She was expecting to hear her father yelling at her for being asleep while she should be doing her chores.

Then she came to the realization that her mother wanted to make her suffer for what she could not control. This was her way of doing that, isolation, her biggest fear.

For the first time in her life, she was completely and utterly alone.