Chapter Eight

I set the journal back down on the nightstand, as I heard her voice. I could hear her from a mile away, she was yelling so loud.

"Malachai!" She screamed as she got closer to the house. Does no one stay dead anymore?

I walk over to the window in my room and peak out. She was standing outside the house dripping wet from the swim that she took in the river.

She turns her head and looks up at my window. "Kai! Come down here!" She yelled clearly mad at me for some reason.

I let out a sigh and nod my head down at her. I left the window and opened my bedroom door. I climbed down the stairs and with the last remaining magic I had left, I made a bag of pork rinds appear.

I walk up to the front door and open it while pulling out a pork rind out of the bag and eating it.

I see her standing there, anger fuming from her. "What?" I ask in a bored tone.

"You killed me." She says very calmly. I stare at her. That's all she wanted?

I shrug it off, "You're not the first person I've killed, besides you look fine to me." I tell her. I go to close the door but she stops me.

"You would rather spend an eternity alone than with the only other person in the world?" She asks I can tell that she is afraid to be alone so that is why I nod my head.

I honestly don't want to be alone. I've spent my whole life alone. I close the door but then remember about her possible brother.

I open the door again, "Hey, Wolfie." I call her as she was walking away. She turns to look at me. "Do you have a brother? Perhaps a twin?" I ask her. She looks at me confused before nodding.

She walks back over where I am, "I have a twin and three other brothers." She explained to me. "Not counting Henrik, the one I killed." She laughs.

"Your twin," I pause and look down at her. "Is his name Klaus Mikealson?"

She looks at me, "How do you know his name? He's dead by now, all of them are." She tells me like she doesn't care about them anymore.

I shake my head, "I don't think so." I walk out onto the porch and sit on the steps, she follows and sits beside me. "A few years ago, there was this coven meeting and a vampire that used to be a witch was teaching us a few tricks. He was one of the original vampires. He said his name was Klaus." I told her.

She was quiet for a long time, we just sat there in silence. As she was thinking, my mind drifted to dark places. I imagined what I would do to my family once I got out of this place.

I thought about how I would kill each of them. Olivia and Lukas would be the first on my list, then I would merge with Jo, killing her. Then once in the coven leader, they couldn't try to get rid of anymore.

After those thoughts left my brain, darker ones came. These thoughts are when I still had emotions when I could still feel.

It was summer and the sun was shining. It was one of those days where Jo and I are actually getting along. We were five.

I remember we were playing outside playing on monkey bars. Jo would use her magic get ahead of me and I tried to do the same, but couldn't.

I reached my arm out to grab onto one of the monkey bars but fell and grabbed Jo's arm instead.

I don't remember siphoning her or remember ever gaining magic that day, but Jo cried out. Joshua came running outside. My mother right behind him. She picked up Jo and she told them that I stole some of her magic.

My mom gave Joshua a look, and he looked down at me with disgust in his eyes. He roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me up. "What have we told you? Don't touch anything or anyone!" He yelled in my face.

I don't remember much after that, just that I woke up in my room with fresh scars on my skin.

"Their vampires?" I hear Angelyn say breaking me out off my thoughts. "Original vampires?" She says thinking aloud. "I didn't even know that they exist." She looks up at me.

"I don't know much about them, but yes they exist," I assure her. I stand up and stare off into the distance before look back at her, " And your brother is the worst of them all."

I see confusion cross her face, "If what he's done is worse then what I did, then why is he not here with me?"

I don't answer her, instead, I change the subject. "So, out of curiosity, how many times have you died?"

She looks up at me. She is still sitting on the steps, "I don't know. Lost count after about ten days here."

Ten days here and she already lost count of how many times she tried to kill herself. I think what I would do if I were here alone. Would I do the same? "So if I were to die here, would I come back?" I ask wanting to know even though I wasn't planning on killing myself, yet.

She stands up and faces me. "I don't know. The first time I died it was an accident. Then there was the time I was learning to drive a car. I crashed all of them and died a couple of times, but I got the hang of it." She rambled on about her many death experiences.

"So, you're saying that if I died here I would come back," I ask her desperately hoping that she would say no that I would not come back.

She nodded her head, and I felt all of my hopes diminish. "Yes. I'm saying that if you died you would come back."