One

'Lily!!!'
'Lily!!!!'
'Lily, God knows if you make me late today I will murder you and dance the macarena on your freaking grave'

'Oh please, Anna' Lily said, running down the stairs. 'Its only school, not a job interview'.

That was my best friend. It was absolutely impossible for Lily to be punctual for anything at all. I had been coming to get her for school for as long as I could remember and she'd never been ready on time. Also, she detested high school. So that was a bonus.

'Its the first day...' I started.

'Its the first day of my senior year.. yada yada excited blah blah blah...' she continued rolling her eyes. ' I get it... For some reason, school's important to you.'

'That's because unlike you, I actually have a social life in school, Lily'

'Yeah, yeah.. whatever' she replied stuffing a pancake from the kitchen table into her mouth'

'Are you ready?' I asked sighing impatiently for the umpteenth time that morning'

'Yeah I'm ready.. ' she said picking up her coat and running towards the front door'.

I picked up the last pancake and followed her. At the front of her house was an antique Dodge ram truck; and a very angry looking dude in the driver's seat.

'I have been waiting for over thirty minutes' Christian said honking the horn. 'You guys don't pay me enough for this'.

'We don't pay you at all, you're our best friend' Lily said climbing into the passenger seat giving him a kiss on the cheek. 'And you love us.. that's why you're here every morning'.

I laughed as he rubbed at the spot she kissed and climbed into the back seat of the truck.

'Hey, Chris' I said roughing up his hair a little.

'You guys just can't seem to keep your hands off me this morning' he said smirking at me through the car mirror above him.

'You wish!!' I and Lily said in unison.

'Denial will take you girls nowhere' he said cockily zooming away from Lily's house.

•••••••••••••••••••••

I knew none of my friends were as excited about the new school as I was. I simply couldn't help it. I was a senior now. And I just knew it'll be an awesome year.

'Hey babe' a voice called from behind me

I felt familiar arms around my waist. I turned around to see my two year boyfriend, Adrian.

'Hi sweetie' I said giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

'Looking as beautiful as always' he said giving me a once over. 'How's my favorite girl?'

'She's great ' I said blushing a little. 'And she missed you'

I barely saw Adrian at all during the summer holidays because he had to work at his father's firm in Manhattan.

'Well I missed you too, pumpkin' he said planting another kiss on the tip of her left ear.

'Okay, okay' Lily said rolling her baby blue eyes. 'That's enough, break it up's

'Yeah, this is a school!' Christian said feigning disgust.

We all laughed and walked towards our first classes. I and Christian had physics together while Adrian and Lily took calculus together.

'Pumpkin!' Adrian called from across the hall.
I turned around quickly.

'I love you' he mouthed with a million dollar smile.