Eight

~
Hush child don't speak
Nothing is impossible..
Death is strong...
But love is stronger...
No matter what..
I promise you
Nothing is impossible...
-Anonymous
~

Few days later

Anna's POV

"We need to get to work on finding my killer" I said perched on the window couch in Jacob's room.

I had spent the past few days since my funeral there. Only leaving once in a while to check on my mom, who by the way was drowning herself with alcohol.

I had gotten rid of all the alcohol in the house and I hoped she didn't have it in her to go out and buy more.

Lily and Christian were holding out a bit better than her, but Lily was more withdrawn now.

And, Adrian.

I hadn't seen Adrian since I died.

And I just didn't want to ...

"We'll make a list of possible suspects" he said snapping me out of my thoughts.

He reached into a drawer at the bottom of the shelf and pulled out a notepad and pen.

"We'll write in here" he said flipping to a blank page.

"Why don't you use your phone?" I asked lifting an eyebrow. "It's 2017"

"I'm old school" he said flashing a smile.

I rolled my eyes and looked down at the notepad.

"Where do we start?" I asked nudging him to get started.

"Well, at the top of the list is the unknown person who was driving the truck that hit you" he said quickly scribbling.

"Oh yeah" I said thoughtfully. "Who next?"

"Well, your friends" he replied bluntly. "First, Lily, then Christian and of course Mr Doucheboy"

He quickly wrote the names on the page.

"Did I leave anyone out?" he continued, looking up at me.

"Not that I know of...." I replied. "But it couldn't be any of them... None of them was driving that truck".

"And they're my friends, they wouldn't murder me" I thought to myself rolling my​eyes.

"Well, do you remember what the truck looked like" he asked.

"Uhhhh...." I said closing my eyes. "It's so hard to remember... I didn't get to see it much before it hit me"

"Anna, try harder" he said gently. "It'll narrow down our search"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.i took myself back to the accident and tried to recall all that happened.

My eyes suddenly snapped open.

"It was a Dodge ram" I said. "I remember.. with tinted windows... Even the windshield was kinda darkened; so I couldn't see the driver"

He quickly scribbled on the notepad.

"That's something we could work with" he said getting up. "Let's start investigating"

***********

Jacob pulled up in front of the Starbucks opposite Lily's house.

"I don't understand why you had to come along" I asked moving out. "I didn't need to ride in a car, I could have zapped here in like, a second"

"Well, I needed coffee and you need my company​" he said getting out too. "So you're welcome"