Four

Hey guys, Royuhlty here.

Well here's another update for you. I created a trailer for the book. But I'm not sure how to add it. If you know how to just let me know. This chapter is dedicated to @arinzey, for all her awesome support.

Well on to it lovelies.

I woke up and dusted myself off. Surprisingly I felt no pain at all. Considering the impact the truck made when we collided. I thought I'd be badly injured at least. But I felt fine. Speaking of the truck; it was gone. Although my mom's car was still in the rubble of the accident smashed to pieces. I swept my eyes over the damage looking for my phone.
I saw it - more like parts of it , in the corner of the bridge and decided to leave it there.

I started walking back the way I came; towards the woods. It already heading towards evening, the breeze was already lighter and cooler but I knew it wouldn't be dark for another hour or two.

I started walking faster, coming to a slow jog after a while. I didn't want to be caught in the woods once it was dark.

I started thinking of home, my mom and how worried she must be. I closed my eyes and ran faster. When I opened them, I was running into my house driveway.

I stood and took in my surroundings for a while. How was this possible? The woods to my house was a thirty five minutes drive at least. I just ran it in less than three minutes and I didn't even feel it.

Still wondering, I opened the door and went into the house. I looked around and shouted out for my mom. But there was no one at home. I walked around the house looking for a clue as to where she had gone.

Finally, on the small marble top table beside the television. I saw a small folded note made out to me.

Sweetie,

Adrian called me an hour ago to ask where you were. It's already three o clock. You should have gotten to the cabin by now. I, Lily, Christian, their parents and the Parkers' have put together a search party with some members of the police force to look for you.

In case you come back home. Just wait for me. We'll be back soon.

Love
Mom.

I smiled at the note. A search party? That seemed a little extreme. It wasn't even dark yet. I walked over to the house phone to check if it was working. Of course, it was down. No one ever used the house phone.

I decided to sit back and wait for them to get back. I lay down on the couch in front of the TV and turned it on. I was surfing the channels not finding anything good to watch. Movie, boring. Fashion show, boring. Sports, boring. News, boring.

Wait a minute!

I tuned back to the channel showing the news. And sure enough, there it was. My picture was on the news. Everyone was looking for me. Since yesterday?

I looked at the date on the DStv. It was Sunday. I'd been missing for more than a whole day! No wonder they had already set up a search party. They must have gone to look for me again.

I quickly put on a coat and left the house. I needed to find someone​. At least, so they'd know I was okay. I ran out the driveway and started walking along the street. It looked so deserted. 
It was getting dark already and no lights were on. Then it hit me. It was a small neighborhood. If there was a search party, it probably involved all of them.

I shoved my hands into my pocket and started to walk back to my own house.

When I got there, there were two police cars parked in the driveway. Also, there were lights in the living room. My mom was home. I walked up to the driveway, just as the two policemen knocked on our door.