Chapter Seven: Picnic.

"What?" You stood at the front door of your apartment baffled by the request.

"Would you like to go on a picnic?" The lanky man repeats. You were a bit taken aback to say the least. Sheldon didn't seem the type to crave the sunlight, let alone sit in it for more than a minute.

"Well, okay I guess." You hesitantly agree to his request. He flashes you a small smile before turning on his heels and heading towards the stairs.

"Wait!" He stops and turns to face you. "When were you planning to go on this picnic?"

He gives a hearty laugh. "Oh [Y/N], I said 'would you like to go on a picnic?' Not 'let's go on a picnic.'" You were beyond confused at this point. "I don't understand." You start. "Why did you ask me if I'd like to go on a picnic, if we weren't going?"

He shrugs. "I suppose I'm just trying to figure out you and your interests."

Oh.

You somewhat understood his meaning behind the gesture. You nodded and wished him a good day. He thanked you and went on his way back to his apartment. After closing your door, you resumed your daily activities still keeping the exchange in the back of your mind.

Sheldon had asked you on a date. However, he hadn't asked you specifically, to date him. Consider all of the events that have transpired up to this point.

The initial greeting,

the friendship being established,

the date,

the gaming incident,

and finally the kiss.

It was almost like a 15 year old fanfiction writer had written this story in haste, now all of a sudden it's slowing down and getting real. That still leaves the question:

"When does this become official?" you huffed, crossing your arms. Utter frustration was all you felt. The progression of this relationship is in Sheldon's hands.

Or is it?

I'm back. I've been selfish. I took a lot of time off for myself, and some things I needed to deal with. I apologise. In the past I've been incredibly arrogant. I was very hasty with this story. Not anymore.