Reflection - Authors Note. Skip if you wish.

I've been away for roughly two years. Briefly returning to check things every now and again. Updating a bit here and there but never really investing myself in the stories I'm writing.

I wanted to do a voice clip or something along those lines, and I may still do so.

Until then I hope this is enough to explain myself.

First things first:

Hello, My name is Erin. I'm 17 years of age, turning 18 in roughly 3 months.

I graduated high school last year, with average grades. I am less than spectacular, and consider myself a mediocre if not, novice writer.

I suffer from depression, and anxiety. I find it hard to stand in large groups, and even harder to speak in them. I write occasionally as a release, as something to do. A hobby.

On December 15th, 2014, I signed up to a website by the name of Wattpad. I wrote stories that I kept to myself, until a friend urged me to release a few. Within a few days my stories gained multitudes of attention. I received love, hate and everything in between. I received criticisms that I am most thankful for to this day.

In 2015, I feel deeper into my depression. I thought that after 10 years of coming to terms and trying to cope with this illness, that I would be stable enough to go about my daily life as normal as possible. That was not the case. As time went on, many things occurred in my life that left me unstable

In December of that year I fell into a suicidal state, an ambulance was called and I was taken to my local hospital. I was not myself.

I took a break from Wattpad to see specialists and get proper help. I decided one day that I should go back to Wattpad. I came back to an inbox of hatred, and various comments that I should not have read. I snapped at some point. I wrote a hateful paragraph ending in sweet words written with poison.

I'm so sorry, that you as a reader were subject to something as brutal as this. Nothing excuses my behavior. Not my illness. Not the hospital.

Nothing

Many defended this behavior, and I thank you deeply for that. I'm just so sorry that it was for the wrong cause.

I left Wattpad to focus on my studies and my mental health. Not only that but I just didn't like my stories anymore. I hated updating, I hated the story-lines, the writing style, everything. I would check in every now and again, reading a few fanfictions as well. I still wrote A LOT I just didn't post.

As an author I have learnt a lot.

As a friend I have learnt a lot.

As a sister and a daughter I have learnt a lot.

As a person, I have learnt and grown extensively, both physically and mentally.

I still suffer from depression and I still have suicidal tendencies.

But I am also still here. I am worthy of being loved.

I am a writer. I have shared my story with you, though I have left out many many details, that I would rather not discuss. I hope that you can forgive my shitty shitty actions, and I hoep we are able to move on from this.

I WAS SO SERIOUS JUST THEN SO I NEED TO BALANCE IT OUT BC THAT'S NOT GOOD OK HI LET'S