Friends and Flirting

Days past by and Giselle was enjoying her days at Hogwarts except the fact that her stomach was still flipping whenever she saw George and Alice. They were still flirting with each other and it seemed as though neither of them bothered to make a move on each other. It was getting really irritating just sitting there helplessly watching them.

"Giselle." Fred waved a hand in front of her face snapping her out of her deep thought. "Are you okay? You haven't touched your food at all."

"Yeah, I'm fine." Giselle glanced over at George and Alice who were sitting across from each other in deep conversation making the occasional hair flip or lip biting smile. Then looked down at her dinner that had now gotten cold, she swallowed, food didn't seem to appetizing to her at the moment. "I'm going to go for a walk." she stood up and stepped over the bench.

"But dessert's going to be served soon!" Fred said trying to get her to stay. He was begging in his mind for her t stay so that he wouldn't be left alone with a pre-occupied George and an equally pre-occupied Alice.

"I won't take long." she said walking away leaving a pouting Fred behind in the Great Hall.

As she walked up the Grand Staircase she was having an internal argument with herself. She still didn't know why she was feeling this way whenever she saw George. It was really starting to frustrate her whenever he smiled, whenever he blushed, whenever he laughed. Her stomach turned over again and she groaned.

"Why?" she whispered to herself, why was she feeling this way? George was one of her best friends in the world! Why would she be feeling this way about her best friend. It boggled her mind, and she hated that. She was always finding the answers, but whenever it came to emotions she would be completely oblivious to what was going on with her.

"Something wrong?" Giselle froze in her spot, her cheeks were becoming warm as the voice spoke again.

"Why'd you leave dinner so early?" George asked her as he grabbed her shoulder and turned her around so she was facing him.

"I just wasn't hungry." Giselle said, George pursed his lips thinking of something to say. Then he smirked. "That's not it. How could such a glutton like yourself not want food?" Giselle caught onto his joke and mock gasped.

"I am not a glutton! How rude of you to say that!" George then shed a toothy grin and lifted her chin with one finger. "That's the Giselle I know! Now come on! There's jelly downstairs." Giselle then let out an excited gasp.

"Why didn't you tell me that sooner!" she said hitting him in the arm slightly as she ran down in front of him.

"Oh! Should I start calling you Jelly now?" he laughed, Giselle jumped the last few steps like she always did when she was happy and glided into the Great Hall. "Then I could call you Gingerbread?" she countered. George always knew how to make her smile whenever she was upset, sad, or frustrated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Thursday afternoon and classes had just ended most of the students were in the Great Hall trying to enter their names into the Goblet of Fire. Giselle, Sylvia, and Alice were sitting on the bleachers surrounding the goblet. Giselle was reading her Charms textbook when a rambunctious pair of gingers burst in cheering and pumping their fists, each grasping a phial of and Aging Potion. Both of them had told her about their little plan and had asked her if she wanted to do it with them. She replied this with "I'm fifteen. Why would I want to participate in a tournament that could possibly kill me for other people's pleasure?"

"Well lads, we've done it!" Fred exclaimed happily, Giselle glanced up at the twins who were talking rather loudly to their Gryffindor peers. "We cooked it up just this morning!" George added. Hermione then interrupted their moment of pride by explaining the Age Line that Dumbledore had cast around the Goblet of Fire.

Not listening to Hermione's warning they proceeded with the plan anyway, like the determined pair they were. "Do you think they might do it? Put their names in successfully I mean." Alice asked as the two of them drank the potion and jumped in the age line.

Giselle shrugged, loads of bad things have been happening to students who were underage and tried to put their names in. "Probably not."

Fred and George then put their names into the goblet. After a few seconds of silence everyone started to cheer again. Suddenly the flames in the goblet grew and the twins were blown out of the age line. They flew a good ten feet away, when they sat up they had beards as long as Dumbledore's and wrinkles made their faces sag. This led to a fight, Giselle shook her head in disappointment and ran over to the two of them who were wrestling on the floor.

"You look old!" George argued, "You look older!" Fred retorted. Giselle grabbed both of them and stood them up, then she stood in between them.

"Don't murder each other now!" she said as she pushed them away from each other. "I won't murder him! I'll just turn him inside out!" Fred said.

"I should be doing that to you! It was your idea!" George exclaimed.

"Will both of you shut up! You're being immature four year olds! Both of you!" she scolded them.

"What mature friends you have Giselle!" Aaron said pushing through the crowd that had gathered around them. "I honestly don't know why you linger around these two. They are honestly, as you said, immature four year olds." he added smirking.

"Don't even try Aaron!" Alice said, everyone directed their gaze to her. "Fred and George are honestly the kindest, funniest, most charismatic pair you could find." George blushed at this comment, Giselle's stomach did a flip again. "I think it's about time I said this." Alice then got up and walked over to George who was slowly losing the beard and the white hair.

"George Weasley?"

"Y-yes." he stammered his ears turning red. The tension in the room was getting thick and Giselle started chewing on the inside of her cheek.

"I really like you and I was wondering if you would like to accompany me on the trip to Hogsmeade coming up." Alice said clearly.

"Uh, sure." George said, turning back to his normal self. Giselle swallowed trying to get the lump out of her throat. Then everyone in the room started to wolf-whistle as Alice then proceeded to kiss George on the cheek.

Giselle then stormed out of the room nobody noticing except for Fred who then went after her. 

"Giselle!" he called after her. Giselle just kept walking and turned right opening the door to another corridor. "Giselle! Wait!"

"Stop!" she faced to him red in the face. "Stop following me!" she looked at her shoes.

"You know you really are oblivious to your feelings!" Fred said Giselle looked up at him. "It's so obvious! Stop denying it!" Giselle's knees buckled and she sat on the floor.

"This is just between you and me right?" she asked him. Fred chuckled as he kneeled beside her. "You're like a sister to me. Of course it is!" Giselle smiled at Fred, if George wasn't there then Fred would always come to her rescue, which is why they were sometimes closer than George and Giselle were.

"Thanks." she said, Fred helped her up and they went back down to the Great Hall together.

"I still can't believe how long it took you to realize that." Fred laughed at her cluelessness. Giselle then hit him atop his head.

"Shut up!"