Changing Just the Littlest Bit

"There's another Hogsmeade trip today." Sylvia said aloud so that Giselle could hear her loud and clear.  

Giselle was playing a game of catch with herself while lying on her bed. Alice had gone out to Hogsmeade with some of her more rich and more French friends from Beauxbatons and Sylvia was about to go out on a date with a fairly friendly boy from Durmstrang.  

"I know." Giselle replied keeping her eyes on the quaffle.  

"So aren't you going to go out today?"  

"Maybe." she answered simply as Sylvia inspected herself in the vanity mirror in their room. "56, 57, 58.." Giselle counted in a barely audible whisper.

Sylvia finally turned around pulling out her wand and levitating the quaffle before it could hit Giselle's fingers so she could volley it up into the air again.  

"Hey!" she sat up to try and grab the quaffle back but Sylvia summoned it and it flew towards her she caught it in one hand before it could hit her in the face.  

"I was keeping a streak!" Giselle annoyingly crossed her arms over her chest. "However, have you ever tried Quidditch? I think you'd be fair game." Sylvia shed a small smile.  

"Haven't you learned that flattery will get you nowhere?" she asked taking a seat at the foot of Giselle's bed.  

"Actually flattery gets men company from women! So technically it gets people somewhere." Giselle answered pointedly snatching the ball out of Sylvia's perfectly manicured hands.  

"As much as I would love to hear your clever remarks to everything I say I am going to be late for my date." Sylvia headed out the door but stopped halfway out. "I hope you're not going to be in here all alone on a Sunday of all days." Giselle shrugged.  

"Don't they call it Sunday rest for a reason?" with a roll of her eyes and a shake of her head Sylvia was out closing the room's door behind her.  

Giselle laid herself out on top of her soft bed sheets, the room seemed to become a quiet and lonely void. Only the sound of the rhythmic ticking of the clock and her slow breathing could be heard. If there were two things that Giselle would hate they would be loneliness and awkward silences, the two together made her want to scream. So after a collection of deathly silence she decided to take a walk around Hogwarts and familiarize herself with the castle once more. It beat a whole day of staring up at the ceiling alone in the emptiness of her room.  

She exited the Beauxbatons students guest tower slipping on a warm coat and a knitted beanie and onto one of the moving staircases of the Grand Staircase. There weren't many students around, just a few first and second years wandering around the castle but there wasn't anyone Giselle knew.  

"Good morning." the Grey Lady greeted cheerily as she floated past.

"Morning." Giselle called back and then continued on her walk.

Soon enough she found her way outside into the fresh air. Giselle stopped in her place and reviewed her surroundings, she was in the Clock Tower Courtyard and straight ahead of her was the old bridge where a few birds were perched on the railings.

"Where to go next?" she sighed. 

Giselle decided to continue her journey and walk to the Quidditch Pitch, however a particular person was thinking otherwise. Behind Giselle a small cylindrical shaped box was being lowered so that it was just above her knees and in a matter of seconds the small box exploded with a loud pop.

A scream managed to escape Giselle and she felt a small sting in her arse. A collection of snorts and laughs rang out and she turned around her face red from embarrassment.

"Oh my Godric! You should have heard your little scream!" George gasped wiping away the tears of mirth pooling in his eyes.

"George." Giselle said trying to catch his attention. "George? Seriously George. It wasn't that funny. George!" with each word she sputtered out another round of laughter slipped out of him. Giselle crossed her arms over her chest and sent him a glare.

"Okay." he said inhaling and exhaling so he would calm down. "But seriously? How was that not funny?" he asked.

She mustered a smile. Even though the twins would choose her as a victim of their mischief once in a while she wouldn't get that mad at them because she knew they were only doing it for a laugh. What's life without a little mischief?

"Kind of humorous? That my friend was hysterical." George stated and wandered ahead of Giselle but stopped when he noticed that she wasn't walking with him.

"I look stupid walking and talking by myself you know." she beamed at him and caught up with him.

"So may I ask what you were doing all by yourself? I would think that you would be popular around Beauxbatons." 

"I should be asking you the same question Mr. Weasley!" Giselle retorted. "Where's your more interesting half of the Weasley duo?" 

"I doubt that your comment was true, you would always be talking about how you loved us both equally when we were younger." Giselle laughed they had finally reached the end of the bridge. The view was absolutely beautiful from where she and George were standing. You could see the tree line of the Forbidden Forest and the Owlry was standing tall with occasional owls flying in and out.

"But seriously, where's Fred? I thought you two were inseparable." she asked.

"I was sleeping soundly in our room and Fred had decided to sneak out somewhere while I was still asleep." he explained. "You were heading towards the Quidditch Pitch right?" 

"Yeah." Giselle nodded looking just the slightest bit confused. "You didn't want to hang around Alice either?" she added.

"I thought you two'd be out shopping in Hogsmeade or something. I was unfortunately wrong." the corner's of George's mouth turned upwards into a smirk. "I didn't know you had a tendency to wander off by yourself. Are you always this lonely?" 

"I am not lonely!" Giselle defended herself. "Everyone I know that I'm on good terms with just happened to have other plans today. And you're one to talk! You've been ditched by your own twin brother."

"I happen to take walks on my own once in a while. Helps me clear my mind and think about recent things." he said with an honest air to his voice. The pair continued into the Quidditch Pitch which was currently deserted.

"I remember our first match against each other here!" George sighed as they both took a seat at the very front row. "You were a second year and it was your first game keeping."

"Yeah, but I was only in for half of the game because somebody-" she nudged George in the side. "-hit the Bludger into my head." 

George held his hands up in a placated manner. "I apologized! By the way I was aiming for Chang." they both laughed and she looked into his brown eyes which he had inherited from his mother, they were glowing with joy and glee. She smiled that glow never seemed to leave his eyes, he was always laughing and enjoying what life had to offer.

"Enjoying my rugged good looks?" George asked and Giselle could feel a light blush creeping onto her cheeks.

"No, I just happen to notice that you have long, feminine eyelashes." she laughed as he turned away looking a bit sheepish. "The hair doesn't help. You should really get it cut."

"Now you sound like mum." he swept his hair out of the way as a breeze blew by.

"You look better with short hair anyways." he smiled down at her  with the same cheery glow in his eyes and there was silence.

"Do I seem different to you this year?" she asked suddenly and George thought for a moment to think his answer through.

"No. You'll always be the same Giselle to me, even if we haven't seen each other for two years." he hugged her by the side and she couldn't help but smile.

However, deep down, she wanted to change just the littlest bit. She wanted George to see her in a different light. To let him see her as more than a friend. 

~~~~~~~

Thought I'd update this today this story will be moving along I promise!!!!!