Memory: Part 2

I was told that when you're a kid your cousins are your first friends. I don't know if its true for others but for me it was. The first time we met we instantly clicked. It was like "Abracadabra!", some sort of magic trick. We were inseparable, stuck together like glue. We'd always decide together the things we were going to do. My house became our resident hangout and they often slept over. We spent the holidays together wishing the days would last longer. We made each other happy and with us it was always fun and games. We promised to always be together until the end of our days. Little did we know our time together would soon come to an end. 

Behind closed doors was where it all began, a misunderstanding amongst the grown-ups, the ones we call our moms and dads. We grew apart from each other but it was never our choice. Our parents' fights grew larger, we had no voice. Our visits grew more and more frequent until one day it stopped altogether. The next time we met was already years after. We still clicked but the distance between us was too far. Our special bond and friendship was broken, caused by our parents' war. I had hope that we'd be able to mend the bond torn by our parents' pride. Though we never got the chance because you just up and left without saying goodbye. Your family moved away to escape the pain. I don't blame your reasons, I just wish you could've stayed. 

Ever since then, not a day goes by where I don't miss you terribly. That's probably why the times we spent together would forever be my best childhood memory.....