Chapter 14

He didn't just say what I thought he just said. No I'm hallucinating. My head is spinning. I look over at him and he looks at me with an eyebrow raised" I'm guessing he never told you about the family secret?" I stare at him a long time. I'm completely lost. I stare at him awhile longer before.I answer him. " No." I feel like these whole three years i've Been in the dark. While everyone else has been in the light. Anger goes through my body as I think this all through. How come he never told me about his sister. Or the the simple fact that he had one. This bullshit!!!He was supposed to trust me! How come he couldn't tell me about her. I lower my head in shame&anger. Cailyn stops the car. He lifts my head up. "You're telling me you knew nothing about Nicole?" "No no I didn't." He just shrugs and starts up the car."No one ever told you that when you're a gangsters girlfriend that half the time you're completely in the dark and those in the light put themselves in the dark with you to keep everything perfect. Like a fucking Utopia." I soak in his words. I know that he's right,and knows what he's talking about. I feel tears coming down my face. He looks at me and shakes his head." Tears don't phase me. I'm going to just tell you what's up! Okay. So cry all you want. I'm not showing you pity. Which is something my brother shouldn't have showed faceyou." WhHis words are like slaps in my face. Maybe Jonothan should've acted like a real gangster. Maybe if he did I wouldn't have fallen in with . Maybe right now I would be in the light not the dark. Maybe...Maybe, maybe there wouldn't be so many maybes in my head. I ask Cailyn a question that I myself am afraid to ask." Do you think that Jonothan really loved me?" "That's something that only you can answer Nevaeh. I'm honestly not worried about y'alls relationship." I understand what he's saying but I wish he could have gave me a better answer. It's his little brother. Can't he tell these things just by the way he looks or acts.I wipe thethought out of my mind. These are gangsters. They have a whole different emotional level." You're right. Tell me about Cole." I prepare myself for more secrets that are going to have me questioning myself about our relationship."Nicole and Jonathan are the youngest. Jonathon being the baby. Nicole was always the babygirl. Our dad loved her. See our dad was also a gangster. His business was more secretive than ours. Our mom was somewhat like you. Asef she knew nothing of our dad being a gangster. She would have freaked out&try to pull my dad out. She was so down to earth. Well Cole acted exactly like my father but had the looks of our mom. In a way we were all like that. Cole was just a little different. She was daddys babygirl. She knew shit that I didn't even know. As Cole got older. She put herself in her own businesses. She was 15 when her name got on the street. Our mom was horrified. The lil girl she had tried to raise into a young lady was now dealing drugs. Mama didn't believe it. She was in denial. Dad did though. He laughed at the fact that she started one before I did. But he was proud of her. Skip to the end. Cole&our father got into a mafia war. She shot both of them. I rememberbecause she came home with blood everywhere. She just kept shaking her head. I kept asking her what was going on but she packed her bags and left. But as she was leaving. She turned around and said,"They're dead." The next morning we found out that dad indeed was killed and so was mama. I searched for Cole but never found her. I wanted to kill her. My grandma came in to take care of us. I left instead of staying with my brothers. I left because that was my way of mourning for my losses. My parents and my little sister. I went to Florida and made a name for myself and now I am what I am. As for my brothers I barely kept in touch with them. Now though Cole is pissed. I don't know why...but she is. Cole is slick. Her&Jonathan think alot alike. He knows something we all don't know. So don't feel bad. Ight." I'm ready for him to say more. But he doesn't. I nod my head not knowing what to say."When Jonathan got shot. Someone grabbed me from running to him. They told me it was too late. That he was dead. Was that Cole?" I ask." Yes." I look at him quizzically." How do you know?" "Cole if she wantedhim killed she would have killed him. She told you that to Fuck you up in the brain. Cole knows her game. Quit questioning me. Go along with her game and you'll find the cheats along the way." With that he gets out the car. That's when I notice that we're back in the house. I don't want to go back in. I'd rather sit in this car all night long. which is exactly what I was going to do. Cailyn came up to the car and said"Get out." So I had no choice. We walk in the house. Cailyn jogs up the stairs and goes into one of the rooms. I breathe in a sigh. I slowly walk up the stairs to.Jonothans room. I need my stuff. I hear strange noises coming from his room. Something tells me to turn around but I don't. I open the door and I can't believe what I am seeing. "What the Fuck?" Is all I can manage to say. Jonathon is having sex with another girl.