Chapter 20

Veah's P.O.V

Jonathan called me saying to meet him at an old abandoned park right up from the street of his house. I don't know why he told me to meet him. Cole told me to tell him yes. She also told me a completely different story of how their parents died. Wait they're still alive. It was a fake death. Their dad was too deep in the mafia and had death threats coming from all over. So he told her that they were going to fake their deaths. She helped him. She had to play the role of the big bad murderer she had no choice. They're now in Toronto in Canada. Living life enjoying the gang free atmosphere. They can come back to the United states in five years. She said that her brothers won't trust her for shit. They still believe that she killed them and plus she's never tried to actually break through to them. O and Don Howard was the main reason for all of this crap. The whole fake deaths and everything. He betrayed their dad and had everyone convinced to kill him. Which makes me scared for Jonathan. I knew something was up with that bastard. When I tell her about Jonathan and Howard her whole demeanor changed. She kept asking me questions about their relationship. I told her I didn't know much. She still hasn't told me exactly why she wants Jonathan dead. I think it has something to do with Howard though. Which leads us now to the park Jonathan told me to meet him at. Cole told me to forget about helping her kill Jonathan. She also gives me a vest to wear up under my shirt. ''Listen Don is tricky. I'm going to let you out right here. Go directly to Jonathan. I'll be there in about 5 minutes I have a feeling that some shit is about to go down.'' I do what she says. I slowly walk to the park. When i get there I'm surprised to see Caleb standing right between Jonathan and Cailyn. I run up to Jonathan and throw my arms around his waist. I didn't know that I was missing him so much. He runs a through my hair and kisses my head.''I'm sorry.'' He whispers. I look at him and kiss him on the chin. ''I am too.'' He leans down and kisses me fully on the lips. It feels like forever since I have kissed him.'' Hey you two cut it out. We're here on bussiness.'' I pull out of the kiss to see Caleb grinning.''Don't I get a hug Ma?'' I laugh and give him a quick hug before going back into Jonathans arms.''Wow. I must have missed something. You're usually attached to Jonathan but not this attached. You're hanging on to him like it depends on your life.''

I laugh.''You did.''

Jonathan chimes in.''Yeah Bro it's a long story.'' I smile. Enjoying the feel of being inside of his arms. Loving the way he rubs my back.Cailyn doesn't say a word the whole time we qiuetly wait. Waiting on... I don't know wha we're wating on.'' Jonathan why are we here?'' I ask him.

'' We have some bussiness to settle.''

I have a feeling that a little bit of it has something to do with Cole so I ask.'' Anything to do with Cole?''

His body tenses. He looks down at me.'' How do you know about Cole?'' As if on cue. I see Cole coming our way. Jonathan steps in front of me. I see him take his gun out at the same time as the other two do.''How's it going brothers?'' She says. Her hair is blowing in the wind and she looks like a superhero walking away from a villain he has killed. Cailyn is the first to speak.'' What are you doing here?'' She points toward me.'' Watching out for her.'' Jonathan's body completely blocks mine.'' Keep her out of this.'' Cole laughs. Before she can say anything I step out in front of Jonathan. '' It's okay. She took care of me when I walked away from you.'' I tell him. His eyes go wide,but he doesn't make eye contact with me. I sigh and grab his hand.'' I had to basically kidnap her but I still took care of her.'' She says calmly. Jonathan grips my hand tighter than he has ever gripped my hand. Don Howards voice booms behind all of us. '' Well if it isn't all 4 of James kids all together again.'' He smiles a wicked smile. ''You're about to get fucked up Howard.'' Jonathan says.

''Well why?''

'' You got me mixed into a whole bunch of deep shit man. Your ass is mine.''

''Now slow down there yound blood. I didn't get you into anything.''

Cole steps right next to Cailyn grabbing his hand. He slowly takes it.

''Shut up old man.'' Jonathan cocks his gun and points it at Howard but I see someone far off in the distance pointing a gun at Jonathan. I tug on his hand trying to warn him,but all his attention is fixed on Howard. What do I do? I love Jonathan. I'd die for him,and that's what I'm fixing to do. Right as  Jonathan is about to shoot Howard the person off in the distance shoots at Jonathan. I jump in front of  Jonathan. I feel the bullet make contact with my stomach. I feel myself slink into Jonathans arms. The last thing I hear is the words of Howard.''Y'all thought I trusted y'all. Let the war begin.'' Everything starts to fade to black and I'm dead....

Jonathans P.O.V.

Her body falls into my arms. Her face distorting into pain. I look around to see like five men with guns surrounding Howard. I don't know which one shot Veah, but I will kill him. If it's the last thing that I do. Howard is laughing. Before I have time to shoot at him a bullet already pierces him right in the neck. I gently sit Veah down on the blood stained grass. I start shooting everywhere. I hear cries of pain coming from all around me. Caleb has been shot down. Cailyn the same. Both of my bros gone and my girl. I look over to see Cole shooting people too. It's only her and I left. ''Jonathan hear me out.''

''What?''

''Don't kill me and I won't kill you.''She takes a breath her gun still poised at me as she looks around. Everyone is dead asef for us.''It's a long story but I'm not the enemy and I understand that you aren't either. You didn't kill him. I understand now.'' I take in her words.''What?''

'' I know Don did it. You're my brother I couldn't kill you.''

'' You killed Mama and Daddy.''

''No I didn't''

''Bullshit Cole.''

''I'm serious. I didn't you have to trust me.'' I don't believe her. I shoot at her anyway she dodges my bullet and shoots me. I fall down.

5 Years later.

Veahs P.O.V

We all had on vests. We're now in Toronto with Jonathans parents. Jonathan got out of the whole gang. Actually they all did.We're all a big family. After everything was setteld about the parents faking their deaths and all. Everyone in Texas thinks we're all dead though. Cole had to take the slack of being the murderer again. Her warrant for her arrest is everywhere in the U.S. I'm sure she's on most wanted. The news repoters and everyone else called our appearant deaths a gang scandal. My mama knows about the whole thing and she even moved down here. Said that she liked Canada. Randa on the other hand stayed behind. Her parents wouldn't let her come at the time. But now since she's grown she's thinking about coming. Jonathan and I have our own place now. We're getting married in the fall. We have a little boy. His name is Nathan he looks exactly like Jonathan. I'm pregnant with another baby on the way. It's a girl this time. Life is great and  we're loving it. Right now we're at the park with Nathan. We're having a family picnic. Jonathan is laying right beside me rubbing his hand on my stomach.'' I love you babe.'' He says. ''I love you too.'' Nathan runs over to us jumping on my stomach.''Nathan what did I tell you about jumping on mamas belly.'' He looks at me putting his head down.'' That mama has a baby in her stomach.'' I smile.'' That's right. Which means...'' He finishes the sentence.'' That I can't jump on her stomach or it will hurt the little baby inside.'' I urge him on.'' So I have to jump on daddy's stomach. I burst out laughing. He jumps on Jonathans stomach.'' That's right little man!!'' He throws Nathan in the air as Nathan laughs into little fits. Those are my boys. Jonathan looks at me and kisses me while sitting Nathan down.''Ewww daddy you can't kiss mama!!''Nathan complains.''Why not?''

''Because.''

''Because of what?''

''Because then mama will have another baby after the other baby.''

We both laugh.''Oh I plan on mama having plenty of babies.'' He says as he kisses my stomach. I slap him playfully on the shoulder.''You're a mess Jonathan.''

''I know but I love my family.''

Well that is the end folks!!!!!!:)