Partner

Nezumi's POV

At first, it was confusion. Then fear.

All I hear is my ragged breath and the thumping of my heart.

Where the hell am I?! I don't remember making any turns that would lead me back here.

It's the same scenery. The same tree, the same stream, and definitely the same underground room. And Gus. It's definitely the same dog seeing as it came running up to me and rubbed its cheeks against my shin.

It's been 2 days since I've "left" Tatsu's place. It's been 2 days since I had first left. But here I am, back at the place. This is the fourth time I've gotten back.

From what I know I hadn't changed my course of direction, but I'm still back here, at the same place. I've been walking straight, going west. Wait... or was it East...

The sun rises from the east and sets in the west... when I had first left Nana, I'm pretty sure I was heading west. But that morning I left Tatsu's place, my instincts told me to head east. The second time I left, it seemed as if I was heading west. The third time, if I remember correctly, I was heading west as well, but the fourth time was east.

What did all of this mean.

I thought there was something weird at first when I left, but obviously, I hadn't paid enough attention. That was foolish of me.

Slightly frustrated, I knock on Tatsu's door and he answers it a couple of moments later. Thank God he was home though. If he hadn't been home, then I would've wasted more time than I had originally planned.

"Oh, hey!" Tatsu greeted me with great enthusiasm for some unknown reason.

"Hey," I greeted back.

"Wassup? Did you get lost?" Tatsu asked.

"Just maybe?" I admitted. "How'd you know?"

"Because most people who come into this village almost never leaves. And when they do, they're never seen back here ever again."

I make a face and he chuckles.

"I'm just kidding. You said you were travelling and you were in somewhat of a hurry, so I thought that there wouldn't be any other reasons why you'd be back here unless if you were injured or dying." Tatsu said with a bit of a hint of smile on his lips.

"Well, yeah, I'm lost. I was just wondering though, how the hell do you get out of this place?"

"You don't," Tatsu simply said and Gus barked from behind me.

"What do you mean?" I made a confused face and Tatsu simply laughed.

"I said I was joking about that thing about that thing where people almost never leave this village, but I wasn't. Almost everyone who enters this village don't leave because they can't. Remember that morning when you were leaving, I said "See you again" or something like that? Well, that's because I know you'll come back here. And for those people who actually do get to leave this place, they never come back because once you leave, you just can't enter this village again."

"How do you know all of this?" I ask suspiciously.

"Because, this place is in between the outside world and this loop you're in. I know I had said "that morning when you were leaving," but the thing is that you're asleep in the outside world right now. I don't know how you ended up here because only certain people can come. And if you want to wake up... well... you have to overcome a trial."

"Why are you telling me all of this?"

"You sure do ask a lot of questions, don't you?" Tatsu raised an eyebrow.