Sorrow

Third Person's POV

A sinking feeling settles itself in Shion's stomach, making him feel terribly nauseous. He feels like he might as well throw up on the spot, right there and then. He doesn't know what he had done, but he woke up with a terrible gut feeling that's even effecting him physically.

His phone rings from a distance and he makes his way over to his desk to pick it up.

"Hello?" Shion asks into the speaker of his phone.

"Hey, Shion. You awake?" Inukashi's voice comes out muffled through the speaker. 

"Yeah, what's wrong? You're so quiet."

"Yeah, about that. I think I'll tell you later. I'm spying on some people right now and I'm near the correctional facility. I'm telling you this just in case anything happens, you know where I am. But don't worry, I'll come back. If I don't call you again in 30 minutes, assume that I'm in trouble and get Rikiga and some of your guards." Inukashi says in a whisper. "What I'm hearing right now is important information that I think you really need to know. So yeah, call you later."

The line goes dead before Shion's able to ask what Inukashi is doing. A bunch of thoughts run through Shion's mind, all jumbled up with no proper train of thought.

Why the heck is she doing near the correctional facility? Doesn't she know that it's dangerous there? And from the looks of things, it seems like she's on her own, and maybe with some of her dogs. Then where is Shion-chan? Ugh, I guess I need to get to Rikiga first. 

He changes as quickly as he can and puts his phone in his pockets. He leaves the hospital as stealthily as he could and runs home to get his gun. Looking at the time, he doesn't have the luxury to get his body guards so he decides to go alone with Rikiga. He opens the front door to his house so fast that the door ends up bouncing right back at him and hits him square in the face. He grits his teeth and runs upstairs into his room while rubbing his nose. Rummaging through his messy drawer, he finds 2 hidden guns and slips them through his belt. He looks through his closet again to see if there was anything useful, and he finds a knife.

Just in case... Shion thinks. Just in case something happens, I might need this. I have never used a knife before, so I hope I don't have to. But just in case.

He ran to Rikiga's workplace as fast as he could and forced him to get out of work. 

Shion was never the type to support violence, or go to violence to solve a problem, but in this situation, he had no other option. 

"There are hunters and there are the hunted," Shion remembers Nezumi saying. 

In order to survive, you need to use every method in order to keep your life. If the gun and violence were able to keep Shion's life long enough until he could see Nezumi again, he wouldn't mind using it. 

As long as he could live long enough to see Nezumi again. That's it. 

"Shion, calm down, what's wrong?" Rikiga says through uneven breaths as Shion pulls onto Rikiga's arm to get him to hurry up. "Shion, wait. An old man like me can't run for so long like you!" 

"We don't have time!" Shion says anxiously. 

"Where are we even going? Can't we just haul a taxi or something?" Rikiga tugs on Shion's hand to get him to slow down, well, preferably stop. 

Shion pauses and looks over to Rikiga like he had just confessed the smartest idea in the whole world. "I can't believe I didn't think of that!"

Luckily, an open taxi starts making its way to them as Shion waves his hand above his head in a couple of minutes. They both hurriedly gets into the taxi and tells the driver to go to the gate of No.6 near the correctional facility.