A Chance

Panicking, I looked over my shoulder as I ran into the forest. I was being chased by monsters. As usual. Only, this time, they were demigod monsters. No, not zombie-demigods, although that would be preferable to what this is now. Normal demigods. I can give you names if you want. Jason, Piper, Hazel and worst of all, Annabeth. Chiron could not do anything, something about going against his vow as a trainer and healer. I could not blame him, he is probably tired enough to retire. Not that he could, he once told me he would die when heros no longer needed his help.

The worst thing is; I don't even know what I did! Poor Frank. He could not see what I did either and that caused Hazel to break up with him. He told me not to worry. That if Hazel really felt that way then she wasn't the girl he fell in love with. Accusing me of nothing and with out evidence. I still feel at fault though, is that so crazy? Feeling guilty for doing nothing? Oh...well, if you put it that way, it does sound a little weird.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I was being chased by my old friends and Frank, Leo and Nico were with me. We were running in the forest, barely making it to the ocean.

"Come on, guys, maybe Dad will help," I called back.

"Percy, what if he is just like them?" Nico asked, panting as he tried to keep up.

"Nico, shut up," Frank muttered from the back.

"Yeah, please don't say that," Leo said. "I don't think I can run anymore."

I kept silent. If my dad were like Annabeth and the others, I don't think I would be able to cope. Dad and I were just starting to be close since Zeus had lifted the Ancient laws a little.

We finally made it to the beach on the other side of the forest but we can still hear Annabeth and the others shouting in the distance.

"Dad?" I asked, putting my hand in the water. "A little help?"

Suddenly my ex-girlfriend and the rest of camp burst through the tree line. Frank, Leo, Nico and I retreated further into the water, thinking this was our best bet. I raised my hands and a wall of water rose up to separate us from them.

Once that was up, I acted quickly, knowing Annabeth, she would figure a way to get past the wall. "Dad? Poseidon?" I asked again, my voice cracking in the end. "Come on, please?"

A sea breeze suddenly wrapped around me, comforting me. In the next second, my dad was on the beach, a grim expression on his face. The normal twinkle was gone but his fave softened when he saw me. "Percy," he said, "Sorry I took so long, Zeus does not understand time constraints."

I sighed in relief.

"Hold on," Poseidon said, putting his hand on my shoulder. We arrived on Olympus, just outside the throne room. "Percy, before we go in," my dad said, eyeing Leo, Frank and Nico carefully. "Just know we are all with you."

I nodded, stunned into silence. How ironic that the gods pulled through instead of the campers?

My dad nodded in reassurance and pushed the doors open We strode in, my dad growing in size to sit on his throne.

"He is a disease nad must be eliminated!" I heard Zeus shout, his Masterbolt cackling him his right hand.

Athena sighed. I sensed she had already tried to explain to the temperamental king. "Father, as I have said before-" called it "-we cannot just incinerate him. He could have information."