The Journey Begins

The afternoon sun shines bright over the golden palace in the heart of Asgard. Within the walls of Odin's palace servants bustle around with preparations for the day ahead, a day of great importance within the royal family. The coronation of the eldest prince. 

Frigga glances anxiously around the crowded hall, hoping to catch sight of her youngest son. Seeing a glimpse of emerald green retreating out onto the balcony, she hurries off to intercept him. The crowd parts to allow her through and bow as she passes. She turns the corner to the balcony and finds that it is not Loki, but her young lady-in-waiting.

"Saga?"

The raven haired young woman turns and gives a brief curtsy. "My Lady."

Frigga smiles at her. "Let me look at you" she holds her at arms length and surveys her, head to toe. Her long black hair falling in waves down the back of her shimmering green gown. "You look lovely my dear. I knew this gown would suit you the moment I laid eyes on it."

Saga smiles and bows her head, "Thank you."

Frigga turns and looks back inside. Saga shakes her head steps over to the railing. "He's not here my queen."

Frigga sighs and joins her placing one hand on the younger woman's. "Do you know where he is? We can't find him in any of his usual hiding places."

Saga smiles and gives a small nod, "Shall I go and fetch him?"

"Please do. He should be here for his brother." she says giving her hand a light squeeze.

Saga curtsies once more and leaves the balcony. Making her way through the crowd inside proves to be anything but a challenge. The sea of people parts as she approaches, some nod and smile as she passes while others whisper quietly behind her back. Once across the crowded room she disappears, leaving a ripple of surprised murmurs in her wake.

Through the labyrinth of hallways to the other side of the palace, a door silently opens to reveal a dark room. A dark figure sitting alone, his bright green eyes staring into the darkness. His silent reverie interrupted by the lightest touch on his arm. A fire flares to life in the pit in the middle of the room, the flames casting flickering shadows upon the walls. Loki looks up, seemingly unsurprised, to find Saga now sitting beside him. "How did you know I was here?""

Saga smiles, "I can always find you my dear friend."

He pulls away from her touch,  stands to his feet,  and steps down closer to the fire. "Did my mother send you?"

Saga stands and steps down beside him. "She was worried when no one could find you. She just wants you to be there for your brother."

Loki laughs quietly and shakes his head. "Am I not always?"

Saga puts a hand in his shoulder. "Shall I wait for you?"

A mischievous grin creeps across his face. "No. You go on, tell my mother I'll join her shortly." He struts out of the room leaving her standing alone by the fire. She sighs and looks over at the fire. The red and orange flames no longer dancing merrily, she staggers back as images of great blue skinned men and golden cloaks play in her mind. She shuts her eyes tight, willing it to stop. The crackling of the fire resumes and she opens her eyes. A single tear falling down her face. "Please don't do it Loki." She whispers to the empty room.

((Let me know what you think, I love feedback! Any questions or comments are welcome! :-D ))