Old Friends

Saga sits with her back against the wall, her eyes closed, her breathing shallow. The door opens and closes quietly, Saga smiles. "He told you...to stay away."

Skye sits down on the floor beside her. "Yeah I know, but I don't think you're dangerous."

Saga opens her eyes. "Looks can be deceiving."

"I've learned a lot about that lately, but I think you're different. Something about you has Coulson all worked up."

"He's afraid. Understandable...after what Loki did."

"The boy with the dark hair?"

"Yes." Her breathing eases and she sighs as she looks directly at the security camera. "I am sorry for what he did. He was not in his right mind. I promise you that I am not here to harm anyone. I just need Thor."

The door opens and Ward steps in. "Skye, a word."

Skye stands to her feet and looks down at Saga. "For what it's worth. I believe you." She holds out a bottle of water. "I thought you might need this."

Saga smiles and takes the bottle. "Thank you Skye."

Ward follows Skye out and the door shuts with a snap. "Coulson wants to see you...now."

"Great." She says sarcastically. She turns and walks down the hallway to his office. She knocks on the open door.

Coulson motions her in. "Yes sir. I understand. I'll make sure they don't." He hangs up his phone and looks at Skye. "I told you not to go near her."

"I know but I thought she might like some water. Is that why you wanted to see me?"

Coulson sighs, "Miss Foster is in New York. We've arranged a meeting with her."

"Well that's good. Is she going to help us find Thor?"

Coulson steps around his desk "That's what you are going to find out."

Skye looks surprised "Me? I'm going to ask her?"

"Yes. I would do it but..."

"They still think you're dead."

"Yeah." He sits down on the edge of his desk. "You and Ward are meeting her at the cafe near Stark Tower. Find out if she knows anything about our guest and if she knows Thor's current whereabouts."

Skye nods. "And don't tell her you sent us. I think I can handle that."

~*~*~

Ward and Skye pull up at the cafe, he reaches to unlatch his seatbelt when Skye stops him.

"I know that Coulson wants us to go in together but I think you should stay here."

"Oh? And why is that?"

"I may not know her but I do know that she's not much of a fan of S.H.I.E.L.D. and if I'm going to get anything out of her about Thor..."

He nods. "Got it, girl talk. I'll wait here."

Skye smiles and climbs out of the SUV. She crosses over to the cafe and spots Jane sitting at a table in the window. She walks over to the table and sits down. "You must be Jane. I'm Skye."

Jane looks up from her notebook. "You're a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent?"

"Not yet. I'm actually a consultant..."

Jane sets her notebook down "So S.H.I.E.L.D. sent a consultant to talk about what happened in Greenwich?"

"Is that what they said I was here for? I came to ask you if you've seen any more atmospheric disturbances like back in New Mexico."