The Revelation

The great golden doors open and all present turn, save for one, to see who enters. Saga steps inside and stops at the sight of Loki. She curtsies. "Forgive my intrusion; I did not know you were here my lord."

Fandral snorts with laughter and Sif rolls her eyes. Loki glances over at Saga. "You don't always have to do that."

Saga straightens up and smiles. "On the contrary, I am but your humble servant." She turns to leave.

"You don't have to leave." Loki turns back to his musings while Saga makes her way over to the fire. She settles herself beside Fandral, knocking him on the head with her staff as she does so.

"Ow!" He rubs the back of his head and turns to look at her.

She smiles. "I'm sorry did that hurt?" Her smile fades as she looks around at the battered group. "What exactly happened?" She asks quietly.

Fandral, still rubbing his head, turns back to face the fire. "Thor talked us into going to Jotunheim."

Volstagg shakes his head,"We should never have let him go."

"There was no stopping him." said Sif shaking her head.

"At least he's only banished, not dead. Which is what we'd all be if that guard hadn't told Odin where we'd gone." Fandral said pointedly.

Volstagg frowns, "How did the guard even know?"

Saga watches Loki out of the corner of her eye. He had been staring at his hand. "I told him." He says as he turns to face them.

All eyes turn to Loki. Each with a question, they stare for a moment before Fandral breaks the silence.

"What?"

Loki sighs almost impatiently, "I told him to go to Odin after we'd left. He should be flogged for taking so long. We should never have reached Jotunheim."

"You told the guard?" Volstagg says raising his voice.

Saga's eyes never leave Loki's face, searching for answers.

"I saved our lives! And Thor's. I had no idea Father would banish him for what he did." He shakes his head in disbelief.

Sif stands to her feet and steps toward Loki. "You must go to the Allfather and convince him to change his mind!"

"And if I do, then what? I love Thor more dearly than any of you, but you know what he is. He's arrogant. He's reckless. He's dangerous. You saw how he was today. Is that what Asgard needs from its King?"

He leaves the room. Hogun stares after him. Saga rises in her seat but does not follow after him. Fandral stands to his feet as if to go after Loki but glancing at Saga he stops.

Sif turns back to her friends, "He may speak about the good of Asgard, but he's always been jealous of Thor."

Saga shoots her a disapproving look.

Volstagg nods, "True, but we should be grateful to him. He did save our lives."

Hogun looks back at the group,

"Laufey said there were traitors in the House of Odin."

The others turn to the usually quiet Hogun. Saga takes a breath and closes her eyes letting the room melt away around her.

Fandral breaks the tense silence that had fallen over them, "Why is it every time you choose to speak, it has to be something dark and ominous?"

"A master of magic could easily bring three Jotuns into Asgard."