For You There's Nothing In This World I Wouldn't Do

The doors open and Loki steps into the hall. His arrogant and confident air replaced with sorrow and uncertainty. His demeanour no longer proud. His bright green eyes now a dull green with flecks of red. Jane steps toward him. He tenses and recoils slightly as she approaches, expecting to receive a well deserved blow. Instead she wraps her arms around him. He looks down at her and slowly puts his arms around her. She shivers at his touch. After a moment Jane releases him, he takes a deep breath and looks to his brother. "I sent father away. Somewhere Heimdall could not see him, somewhere cloaked in magic."

Thor looks at him in disbelief "You didn't."

Loki looks down at the floor and nods. "I did."

Jane frowns. "What did you do?"

Thor shakes his head, "He sent our father to our mother's cousin."

"Who is your mother's cousin?"

"Merlin of Avalon."

Jane raises her eyebrows and stares at Thor. "You're related to Merlin?! The Merlin?!"

Thor gives her a curious look. "You've heard of him?"

She laughs, "Have I heard of him...he's only one of the most famous wizards in history!" (He's up there with Harry potter and Gandalf)

"He is powerful and his hatred for our father is great."

Jane sighs, "Right...So how do we get your father back?"

Thor and Loki exchange glances. Thor turns to Jane and takes her by the hand. "We don't. He would not willingly return our father to Loki. I will have to go."

Loki shakes his head. "He will not simply hand him over to you either. He will want something in return."

"Like what? If he's a wizard he probably has everything he could ever want right?"

A smile creeps across Thor's face. "Not everything."

"She'll never agree. She came here to escape for him. She'll not willingly return."

"Then we'll just have to convince her."

Loki shakes his head "No. She doesn't trust me. Take Fandral, she likes him. I'll stay here...and begin the arrangements."

Thor nods and heads off to find Fandral, leaving Jane alone to console his brother.

As Thor rounds the corner and disappears from sight Jane turns to Loki. "I never got to thank you for helping me." She stands on her tip-toes and she kisses him on the cheek. "Thank you."

"You don't hate me?"

Jane smiles, "No. I don't agree with your way of doing things but I don't hate you. You are Thor's brother, blood or not. If he believes in you then so do I."

Loki gives her a faint smile. "I apologize Jane. For all the trouble I caused on Earth. I couldn't..." He shakes his head and looks down at the floor, clenching his fists. "I'm so sorry."

Jane reaches out and puts her hand on his cheek. "Just stay away from my friends if you ever go back. Erik still isn't quite himself."

~*~*~

Later that night

Thor and Odin ride into the outer courtyard and dismount. Jane stands waiting at the door to the palace.

"You brought her back with you."

Thor takes Jane's hand as they walk past her and she quickly falls in step with Thor.