Epilogue

The sun sets and the music fades, Saga looks up into Loki's brilliant green eyes. He stares down at her with concern. "You look weary, you should rest."

She nods and takes his arm, as he begins guiding her inside. She takes a few steps before her legs give out. Loki catches her and sweeps her up into his arms. She lays her head on his shoulder as he carries her to the bed. He finds the bed sheets were already turned down; Saga slips beneath the satiny sheets and looks up at him affectionately. "Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?"

He walks around to the other side of the bed and sits down beside her with his back against the wall. Saga sits up and lays her head on his chest. He smiles and puts an arm around her.

Loki wakes the next morning to find Astrid standing at the foot of the bed with a tray in her hands. He glances down at Saga, sleeping peacefully at his side, and smiles.

"Yes she's real."

Loki looks up at Astrid and frowns. "How?"

Astrid shakes her head. "I can't say." She sets the tray down on a bedside table and looks at her mistress. "She is not fully recovered. I'm afraid that will take quite some time."

Loki brushes a strand of her ebony hair over her shoulder. She snuggles closer to him. Astrid turns to the tray and pours a cup of water. She walks around the bed and hands it to Loki.

"Thank you Astrid."

Astrid shakes her head. "For what it's worth, you don't deserve her."

Loki glances down at Saga. "I know." He agrees quietly.

Astrid walks to the door. "Prince Thor is returning to the palace as soon as the horses are ready. He hopes you will see him off."

Loki nods and with a quick hand gesture and a shimmering green light, an exact duplicate of himself materializes at the bottom of the stairs behind Thor. Jane gasps as Loki suddenly appears. Thor turns and smiles at his brother. Loki steps back when Thor reaches for him.

"I'm afraid I can't actually see you off. I don't want to wake her."

Thor looks past Loki up the staircase; Astrid nods to him and disappears down the hallway. Thor's smile fades. "You be good to her, Brother."

Loki nods. "I will. Thank you...both of you."

The duplicate vanishes as quickly as it appeared. Thor puts his arm around Jane and together they walk out into the courtyard. Jane looks up at Thor. "Think he'll be alright?"

Thor lifts her up onto the horse and looks over his shoulder at the house. "He'll be fine. He finally found what he's always wanted."

Jane smiles, "And what exactly is that?"

Thor swings up behind her. "He found the sun."

~*~*~

Loki carefully slips his arm out from behind Saga; he gently lowers her onto the pillows and slides off the bed. He stares at her sleeping form and smiles. Her ebony curls and porcelain skin contrasting against the pale blues sheets. He steps around the bed to the tray Astrid had left; he takes a piece of fruit and steps out onto the balcony. He leans on the railing and takes a bite of his apple. He closes his eyes and inhales deeply; the smell of the river mixed with the flowers from the garden brings back a flood of childhood memories. A quiet whimpering reaches his ears and he frowns. He opens his eyes and looks around, the sound seems to be coming from inside.

Saga tosses and turns in the bed her breathing quickly becoming erratic. Loki rushes to her side and takes one of her hands in his; he places the other on the side of her face. "Saga?! Wake up...please wake up!" he says with panic in his voice.

Her eyes open and meet his, her breathing slows and returns to normal. She puts her hand on his and squeezes his hand lightly. He sighs in relief. "Are you alright?" he asks quietly.

She smiles and nods, "I'm fine now that you're here with me."

He leans over and kisses her on the forehead. "And I'm not leaving you anytime soon."