Chapter 1

As a recap I will write down my last chapter from the first book in this series x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elijah untied me and I ran to her aid. I couldn't save her now, she was in transition, they had given her their blood. Ric gained enough strength to stand up and her ran towards his daughter. He started to breakdown... "My daughter...she...she's going to be a vampire.." "She'll be the same Kassie!" but he still cried. "Elijah, why would you help us?" Elijah sighed. "Because you're my brother and I love you."

She began to cough and wake up. She opened her eyes and they where shining gold. Her skin was pale and cold. "Nik" "Yes my love." "I'm thirsty...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here, sweetheart, drink this!" He handed me a bloodbag. "No, I meant water!" I said discusted at him. "Kassie, you must drink blood or you will die!" "Nik, please I don't wanna become a vampire, respect my decision!" "I will not lose you again!" Ric was still crying and he held my hand. "Kass, I am so sorry, it's all my fault!" "Dad, its not, you saved us!" "If you don't want to drink my love, I understand but you will get used to it and soon you will be asking for more! Aren't you thirsty, dont you crave the taste of it!" He was right but I couldn't give in.

"Kass, I understand..." Dad snivelled. "But Im gonna miss you so much..." He hugged me tightly, his blood smelt so good.

"I love you Nik, please understand. I'll miss you.." I started to cry. "No...no you wont...because.. you..youre not..going to leave me..are you?" He was about to cry. "I love you my love!" "No, no goodbyes, NO GOODBYES!" He stormed out in tears, it broke my heart, how could he leave me when I needed him the most.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't believe she was going to leave me. I felt so frustrated and angry. I turned my walk into a jog, when I approached a girl. She had blonde hair and brown eyes. I felt the temptation. I ran towards my unexpected victim and tore my fangs into her, it felt so good. I pictured what Kassie would say, and I felt some tears starting but I blocked them out. I could still feel my temptation as I searched for other potential victims. There I came across Stefan. "Argh, finally, I have a drinking buddy." I compelled him to turn his humanity off as we killed numerous victims. I tried to kill more but her face kept popping up in my mind; her beautiful face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tell Elena that I'll miss her, and Ty... tell him he is the best friend anyone could ever ask for and-

"Sweetheart, just stop. Seriously just drink a little blood and we can all forget about this."  Klaus came staggering in, he had blood around his mouth and I could tell he was drunk. "Nik, what did you do." "Oh, dont lecture me..not now you're just ready to leave me..not when Ive found you again!" "Nik, youve had blood, youre out of control! Remember who you are!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I just broke down. I bit my wrist and shoved my blood down her mouth as she choked in shock. "Nik..how could you? I get one choice in my life and you take it away from me!" I looked into her teary eyes and I realised what I had done. Only the old Klaus would have done that, I was ashamed of myself. "Kass...oh my gosh..I am so sorry my love. I only meant to protect you.. I never meant to..Im sorry!!" I ran off leaving her in her fathers arms in tears. I had made her the one thing that I detested...I had made my love into a monster!