Chapter 9

I was having my usual drink at The Grill, when Damon and Elijah turned up, taking their usual spot next to me. "Hey Ric." I just stared at them, not really caring. I was worried about Kass, she had just been married and already she had witnessed her best friends murder, watched me die numerous times and had become immortal and then became human. It was hard for a twenty year old, to take that kind of pressure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are..are you serious, I'm gonna be a father!" "Yes, my love!" "I can't believe it, Ive always wanted a child! I love you, and I promise we will make it out of here! You, me and our child!" Nick was beaming. The water was up to our chin now, and I began to worry. He held my hand. "Mother, please let her out, she's pregnant!" "Yes, Niklaus I know and do you know what the baby will be? It will be a hybrid-a monster, and even if I let her out, I would still kill the child, so I am doing you a favour. Come on Stefan, we're leaving!" She walked away and I would kill her for this.

"Here's what we will do my love, when you can't breathe anymore, I will lift you up, and you will push me underwater, to keep you afloat." "No, Nik, I am not doing that!" "Kass, if you won't do it for me, do it for our baby!" "No..I can't Nik. I won't."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly, Elijah started to cough. "Damon, help me!" He started to spit water out of his mouth. "I can't breathe!" "Oh my God, remeber the spell, if one feels pain the other does too. Something must be happening to Kassie, we must go!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I clutched his hand, as he reassured me. The water was still rising, it was up too my mouth. I started to spluter. Then I had an idea. In my hair was a sharp metal hair grip, maybe I could cut the ropes. I fiddled with it trying to reach it, when it fell into the water. I tried to duck under the water to reach it but Nik stopped me. "My love, I'll get it, you are pregnant after all." I could see the pain as the vervain dipped water was touching his body. He dived down but couldn't see it. "It's too late, my love. It's floated away." The cavern we where in was beautiful but the water was so cold!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonnie stood in front of us. She opened her grimoire as she did a tracking spell. The candles around us suddenly lit up. "They're in the cave, below it. They're very deep underground but we may just have time!" We all ran. My daughter was in danger, and I wasn't there to help it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at the front of the cavern. I invited everyone in, who where vampires. "Oh, sorry you may be to late!" There was Esther, smiling at us sadisticly. "Where the hell is my daughter, you bitch!" She laughed. "She's busy right now." "She's through here, I can smell her." Damon said confidently before being thrown into a wall by Esthers powers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The water was up to my nose, I couldn't breathe. Nik tried to push me above the surface but I wouldn't let him. We tried to keep our heads above the water but there was only an inch gap, between the roof and the water. Is this how I die?