Chapter 2

I couldn't believe I was a vampire. My hearing was so powerful, I could hear people far away on the street talking. And my urge for blood was so strong but I vowed to not give in. Dad placed me in his car and drove me home. I hate Nik..I'd never thought I would think that..but tonight I do! I know I still love him but how could I forgive him after this! Elena came running up to me and I know what Stefan meant when he said her blood smells delicious! She hugged me and then realised how cold I was, I could feel her heart beat.!

I tried to sleep but all I could think of was blood! The next day, when I opened my curtains I screamed in pain as the sun burned my skin. My father came running in and shut my curtains, he held me in his arms.

I didn't want to go to school, but dad said I had to, or people would be suspicious. As I walked through thr crowded corridors, the waft of blood flooded through my nose. My eyes started to change and I felt my teeth get larger.

"Woah there!"

Damon pulled me round the corner and my eyes changed, he handed me a sunlight ring so I could go outside with ease.

"When did you last have blood?"

"I was 'fed' a couple of drops but thats it..I hate this Damon!"

"You need to get it out of your system..come on."

He pulled me through the corridors when I bumped into Tyler.

"Hey Ty.. I gotta go."

"Wait..are the rumours true?" I looked down.

"They are !!! Im so sorry Kass.."

"It's fine Ty.. I..I er..gotta go!"

Damon pulled me outside as he led me to a forest.

"Ready to eat bunny blood?"

"I can't!!"

"Look it's bunnies or people..your choice!" He handed me some blood bags and I gulped them down and I started to cry.

" Ok, Kass I know it's hard but you will get over this, trust me been there done that...got killed by my brother..anyway its a long story! But you will always come out strong..I mean come on look at me..Im hot and immortal so Im basically doing a public service by sending my eye candy throughout the centuries."

I giggled and thanked him. Wait, was Damon being nice?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had kept my eye on her and she was doing well...no thanks to me! I dont forgive myself so I dont expect her too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I walked home a bleeding man stumbled in front of me. His car stood wrecked behind him. His blood drove me towards him like a magnet. I tried to turn away but I was too close. I snarled and bit him into his neck as I sucked his blood until he grew very pale! WHAT HAVE I DONE! I felt for a pulse but there was nothing. Oh my God! I was a murderer!!! I ran off and started to panick, I collapsed in tears.

"Kassie, is that you?"

It was Caroline, she saw the blood on my lips and cuddled me.

"Oh, Kass, Im so sorry, I remeber my first kill." She took me home and sat me on her bed.

"We need a chat..."