Family History

Remi's POV

"Hello Lupin" a voice says behind me as I made my way to the great hall alone for breakfast.

"What do you want Malfoy?" I ask facing him.

"Just wanted to meet the Half-blood Princess" he states smirking.

"I am no princess" I tell him sternly.

"Oh but you are, didn't you know your mother was the pureblood princess. Before she turned her back on her family because she fell in-love with your half-breed father" he sneers.

I slapped him hard in the face "you will not say a word against my father or mother. Otherwise next time it'll be my wand" I tell him growling. Before storming off outside having lost my appetite. I was about to head to the forest to cool off when someone called my name.

"Are you ok Remi? What did Malfoy do?" Hermione asks when she reaches me with Ginny.

"Just said how my mother turned her back on her family" I state leaning against a tree. Ginny already knew my mothers family history. But Hermione does not.

"That's mean, he has no right to tell lies about your family" Hermione states.

"But it is true Hermione" Ginny tells her before covering her mouth giving me a guilty look.

"It's alright Ginny, it's about time she found out any way?"I assure her. "Sit down Hermione and I shall tell you the story of my Mother's family" I say and both girls sit down. "My mother was a pure-blooded witch and not just a regular one either. She was want they called the pureblood princess due to her family history" I explain.

"The Pureblood Princess, the one that disappeared nearly 15 years ago?' Hermione asks.

"The very same, she changed her name as she did not want to marry the husband her parents had chosen for her. She had also fallen in-love with my father, who is a halfblood. So she disowned her family and they run off together joining a secret order against you know who. Her parents died of heartache two years after her disappearance. But my mother always visited their grave on their death day" I explained.

"However, nearly eleven years ago she got ambushed by Voldemort's followers when she visited her parents graves. She died, but lived long enough for me to be born. But now all of Voldemort's followers know she is my mother. They have tried to steal me from my father and now it looks like they're going to try using their children to get me instead" I finish.

"Why that's a lot to go through" Hermione states. "Your mother was related to 18 pureblood families if I remember correctly" she tells me.

"Twenty actually, but eighteen from the sacred twenty-eight" Ginny tells her and I nod my head in agreement.

"Yes the Abbott, Black, Fawley, Flint, Gaunt, Greengrass, Lestrange, Longbottom, Malfoy, Ollivander, Prewett, Rowle, Selwyn, Shacklebolt, Shafiq, Slughorn, Travers, and Weasley from the Sacred Twenty-eight. But I am also related to the Peverell and Potter families" I explain.

"Wow, how do you remember all those names?" Hermione asks.

"It still surprises me Hermione" Ginny tells her.

"My mother had a book on her entire family blood line history and it only gets bigger with each new addition. Even with my distant cousins" I tell them. "But now I am practically related to all of the twenty-eight" I state. "Not that I care about any of that, I'm happy with me, my dad and grandparents" I add.

"What family was your Mother apart of before she disowned them? I forget" Hermione asks.

"The Rowle family and she was suppose to marry into the Yaxley family, not that the other purebloods weren't all fighting for her hand in marriage" I grumble the last part.

"And now with Remi in school they may try organize an arranged marriage for her in the coming years" Ginny states.

"Not that my father or Dumbledore will ever let that happen" I remind her. "Come on, we better go back if we want to ate before classes" I tell them. We all stand up and walk back to the castle. I felt better now then before I'd left the castle.

As we sat down McGonagall gave us our timetables. Ginny and I had all the same classes, so I agreed to show her around. We all ate breakfast and Hermione left first for her class. Then I lead Ginny down to Potions and so our first day of classes began.

A/N

Picture above of a list of the Sacred Twenty-Eight Pureblood Families.