Chapter 8.

Nanelia

Today Quincy is going back to LA for a couple of days, Nanelia didn't want him to leave because she was having a good time with him. He was there for a few days, she wanted to spend more time with him.

Although they still didn't have a label on their relationship, she was becoming attached. Nanelia wanted to talk about what they were to each other but she didn't want to scare him off. It's almost been 3 months of dates, and just hanging out. In her heart she felt like it was time to claim each other completely but she wasn't sure about how he felt.

That's the scary part, it's either you tell someone how you feel or you miss out. Pride was the main problem, her pride was too strong. She didn't want to get rejected by him in any way. She tried to remain patient with him and keep calm. When the time comes, it'll come. What ever will be, will be.

"Have a safe trip" she hugged him. They were at the airport. "Call me when you land" she stressed him about calling because he was always late when it came to calling her.

"I will" he chuckled. "Stop nagging me" he said playfully.

"Yeah whatever" she pushed him a little. He pulled her closer and kissed her. She kissed back and he patted her butt a little, so she can back up since it was getting intense."Sorry"

"It's cool, I'm irresistible" he bragged and started popping his collar. "Shut up" She pushed him again.

"Bye baby" he said coming back to kiss her again. "Bye pumpkin" She teased and he let me go. "I told you about that name" he shook his head.

She laughed and they kissed again, saying goodbye.

-

1 week later

"Nali, you can do this stop being a baby" Ryan pushed me. Today I start my new job as a film writer

Ryan was helping me promote my new show and get it started. She has tons of celebrity friends so she was helping me get my name out there.

I was interested in being a film maker, or writer. That's what I went to college for, I wanted to be on the business/creative side of things in the tv world.

I had scripts written for a tv show idea and a bunch of other stuff.

I had to pitch my idea to this guy named Bryan and see if they would like my show idea.

"Good luck" Ryan hugged me before leaving me alone with him and the rest of his crew. I took a deep breath.

"Hi, my name is Nanelia and it's a pleasure speaking to you guys" I started and it went on from there.

-

"Baby" I mumbled as I held the phone to my ear. "I have important news! I got my first j-" he cut me off before I could finish. "I'm working baby, I'll call back" Quincy said before hanging up.

I called to tell him that my show is going to air next year. I had gotten really good feedback on it and they loved my ideas.

I had to help find a cast and start filming soon. I wanted to talk to him about it because this is my dream but I guess he was busy.

I sighed a little and sat on my couch. I was bored and I wanted to talk. Ryan was filming for a show she's on and Jaimie was probably with her boyfriend, hence why she didn't answer her phone.

Lately Quincy's been acting funny so I guess I should just step back a little. I mean why should he be loyal to me anyway right? He lives in LA and I'm in Atlanta. We're not even official, so I guess it doesn't matter. It's easy for him to cheat.

My mind began to run and I was overthinking the whole thing. I decided to order food because I was stressed out and I needed to eat.

Eating always helps me get over my problems, sometimes I lose my appetite when I'm nervous, but I'm hungry now.

I changed into my pajamas after showering and when my food came I washed my hands and brought it to my room.

I laid in bed eating pizza and watching tv. I scrolled through twitter and Instagram trying to occupy myself but it only made me anxious. Why wasn't he calling me back yet?

Now I lost my appetite. I scrolled past a picture of Quincy and this girl, her name was Maddie.

They were pretty close and his caption was a emoji with the tongue sticking out.

I felt like puking.... I put my food down and closed the box. I brought it back to the kitchen.

I got back in bed and I laid down, I felt sad and confused. Maybe I'm overthinking it, I needed to calm down.

-

The next morning I woke up really late. I checked my phone to see if Quincy called or texted but he didn't. I got out of bed because the taste in my mouth was disgusting.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I re-tied my bun before leaving the bathroom.

I heard my phone ringing so I ran to my bed to answer it. Ryan's named popped up on the screen and I was a disappointed that it wasn't Quincy.

"Hey" I said tiredly. "You're just now waking up?" Ryan asked me. I nodded as I walked to my kitchen. I heated up pizza from last night in the oven and I poured some lemonade in a cup.

"It's 4 in the afternoon, well technically night" she said. She was chewing. "Open your door" she said before hanging up.

I heard knocking and I was confused at first. I opened the door and seen Ryan standing there. She came in and I shut the door. "Surprise" she said with a grin.

"What have you been up to?" I asked as I check my food in the oven. It looked hot so I took it out with the oven mitts.

"Working" she said plainly. She sat at the kitchen counter eating what looked like a donut.

"What have you been up to?"

"Nothing, just got a little extra rest"

"Oh I see" she chuckled while scrolling on her phone. "Where's your boyfriend, you haven't mentioned him in a while" I asked her.

She rolled her eyes and put her phone down. She picked at her nails.

"We broke up" she mumbled. "What?- why- what happened?" I asked. I was surprised, I mean yeah they fought occasionally but breaking up? I couldn't believe that.

"He's not treating me right, it's always the same thing with him" she said simply. I knew she wanted to cry so I hugged her.

"It's okay, you're perfect Ryan! Anyone would be lucky to have you" I said to her.

She laughed a little. "Thanks"

"What's going on with Quincy" she changed the subject. I let her go and backed up.

"Nothing, he's been distant lately" I said and she pouted. "Aw" she said. "Why are guys so stupid?" She said with an attitude. I laughed "Exactly" I said.