Chapter 12.

Nanelia

I had just left set, we were filming for my new show. We found cast members to hire a few weeks ago and we began filming today.

Having my own show wasn't that bad, I made majority of the decisions and it was amazing. I had created something from scratch and it blossomed into a whole new series.

I was on my way to get some food, all I had was a few granola bars this morning.

"Hey" Quincy called me and I put it on speaker so I can drive. "Hey, how was work?" He asked me.

"It was fun, we have a whole cast now and they work well together. I'm driving by the way so you're on speaker"

"Oh, that's good. Are you coming over?"

"Um I was actually getting food, I'm starving"

"Come over, I'll order food"

I whined a little but he couldn't hear me.

"Okayyy" I turned around and headed to his apartment out here in Atlanta.

"Hurry baby" he said. I heard him chewing

"What are you eating?" I asked. He was making me hungrier.

"Chicken Parmesan sandwich" he said with his mouth full.

"But I couldn't stop to get food? Tuh! you're funny." I said

"No, I wanna see you first. We can eat here"

"Alright" I whined pulling into the parking lot of his building.

"I'm here"

"Okay I'm gonna let you in"

We hung up and I parked my car, I got out and walked to the building.

He came down in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt on. He took his braids out so he had a "man bun"

"Baby" I hugged him. We shared a kiss.

Once we reached his apartment I took a shower and got dressed in a pair of my shorts and his shirt. He ordered some food and we sat on his bed eating and watching Netflix.

-

"I'm gonna head out, I have to meet my brother at the airport"

"I'm gonna go home" I said while standing up from his couch.

"Stay, I'm coming right back"

"But it's scary here, when I'm alone especially. This is a huge place"

"Stop being a baby" he teased. I rolled my eyes at him before sitting on the couch. "And it's late, you're not driving by yourself out there" he said.

"Come here" he pulled me back up. "I'll take you with me, but this will be your first time meeting someone from my family" he said.

"Um I don't want to intrude, I'll wait here" I denied. I was too nervous to meet his family. I knew of his family of course because they're all famous. They're rich. Filthy rich. Most rich people are mean and they might be "uptight". I'm not saying that his family is, but they might be.

Quincy is different, he didn't act rude or stuck up. I mean he kind of did at first but now it's different.

I wasn't rich like them and I don't think they wouldn't like me as much or accept me. I mean, I have a pretty nice following on Instagram and I model occasionally but I wasn't like them.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked looking down at me. I put my head on his chest, hugging him.

"I just don't want to make a fool of myself"

"What are you talking about?"

"Just go, it's fine. Can you bring me ice cream please" I poked my lips out. He kissed me a few times before smirking, he patted my butt softly before heading out.

I sat in the middle of the couch watching tv until he came back.

-

"Nali" Quincy called me while I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth.

"Hm"

"Come on"

"Alright"

I finished washing my face and I headed out the bathroom. We were on our way to meet his family. After talking about it with him last night he told me that they were having a cookout.

His family flew down to Atlanta last night and they were staying at his house out here. We were staying in his apartment.

I was scared to meet his family, I didn't know what to wear, say or anything.

"Come on baby, you look fine. Let's go"

I stood in the mirror glancing over my outfit a few times.

"You look gorgeous, like you're going for a job interview" he joked

"It's not funny" I slapped his arm. "I'm changing"

"No let's go"