Chapter 13.

Nanelia

"This is too dressy for a cookout" I complained to Quincy as he sat on the bed waiting for me.

He said nothing, just staring at his phone.

I changed into something more comfortable and appropriate for the occasion.

I wanted to look nice but I didn't want to over do it. I wanted his family to like me, so I had to look decent.

It was pretty cool out tonight, so I had on a black jacket

It was pretty cool out tonight, so I had on a black jacket. I had on jeans, a graphic t-shirt underneath the jacket and I put on a pair of slip on vans.

"Okay, I'm ready" I said while grabbing my wallet and my phone.

Quincy rolled his eyes a little and stood up.

"Why the sour face?"

He just breathed heavily and kept walking out the bedroom.

Once we got to the cookout, Quincy stopped giving me the cold shoulder and grabbed my hand. He led us over to his parents. This house was beautiful, I hadn't seen it before.

"Baby" Quincy's mom rushed to him for a hug and he let my hand go. Then his dad came to hug him and Diddy.

Everyone's eyes laid on me and I became nervous, I could feel the sweat all over my back, forehead and neck.

"Um I'd like for you guys to meet my girlfriend Nanelia" Quincy introduced me.

I smiled at them and they smiled back except for his mom. "Hi, it's nice to meet you guys" I said.

"Nice to meet you too sweetie" Diddy hugged me and then Quincy's Dad did as well.

They seemed very welcoming but his mom had this look on her face that I couldn't explain. I wasn't sure how to feel.

"Nice to meet you" Quincy's mom finally spoke and she reached her hand out to shake mine.

I guess you could feel the tension because it got quiet and no one spoke.

"So, we're gonna look for my siblings and get food" Quincy said while grabbing my hand.

I was thankful for that because my heart was pounding from being so nervous.

"Wait" his mother spoke up. "When were you gonna tell me you have a girlfriend?"

"Mom, I-"