2. Hospital Beds

The enormous headache and pain in my right leg was already preparing me for a rude awakening. Will's gloomy frown shadowing over me promised it. "Hi YN." He murmured. "Glad to see you're awake." The last part was cold, his words cut through me like a knife. I reached for the glass of water by my bed, hoping to dampen my dry mouth. Will helped prop my head up as I gulped long, selfish drinks. "How long have I been here?" I asked, watching him crush the now empty styrofoam cup. "Not long at all. You crashed about seven hours ago. They've concluded you have a mild concussion and a broken leg. Nothing too serious." He frowned on. I took a minute to respond. "Well, what happened? Do you know?" Will sighed. "You collided with another car head on, weren't paying attention because you were hanging up the phone." Tears came to my eyes as I gasped. "Did I..did I kill someone?" Will chuckled darkly "No, unfortunately." I looked at him strangely, Will was never the one to say these things. "In fact, they aren't even pressing charges on you, or having you pay the damage fees." I blinked, astonished. "Even for my vehicle?" I inquired. Suddenly it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. For once I didn't have to worry over money. "Well that's great! Isn't it?" But Will's stern look assured me it wasn't. "Maybe he doesn't need your money, he has plenty. He wants you to pay him back in another way.." Shudders crept down my spine as Will locked eyes with me. "I meant to tell you before today, but..my partner.." I looked at him, eager for him to go on. "Will, what's going on?" He took a moment to collect himself before continuing. "Hannibal..there's something..wrong with him. I haven't quiet put my finger on it ye-" But we were interrupted by a crisp knock at the door. Will glanced at the door, then back to me. An erie presence filled the air as it creaked open. "Good evening, Mr. Graham." A deep, masculine voice greeted. "Good evening..Dr. Lecter." Will replied sharply. There was a long pause as Will blocked the doorway. "Would you be kind enough to let me in?" The voice pipped. Will took another minute before allowing the man in. My heart stopped, a breath of air caught in my lungs. This man was beautiful. Tall, with a nice build covered by a handsome suit. His hair was combed in a nice fashion, making his deep cheekbones and dark eyes stand out. I blushed just by looking at him. He showed off a perfect smile before crossing to the side of my bed. "YN, is it?" He asked, taking my hand. I simply nodded, too astounded to find words.  He kissed the top of my wrist, his eyes never leaving mine. "I'm Dr. Lectern, but please, call me Hannibal." I nodded once more. "I'm sorry you had to miss your interview with us today. I guess that means we'll just have to interview you another time next week." Another brilliant smile. "I truly am sorry about the accident." I waved him off. "No, no. It was my fault. I should be apologizing whoever I hit. That is, when I meet them." Hannibal chuckled. "No reason to. He is right here." I blinked. "Oh, I hit you? I'm so, so sorry Dr. Lecter!" He smiled again, a twinkle in his eye. "Oh, don't be my dear. As you see, I am perfectly fine. No harm at all." He looked down and gestured to himself. His eyes stayed on me for a long while before Will broke the silence. "Uhm, I'm sorry doctor, but YN needs to rest." Hannibal's eyes flickered from Will and back to me. "Oh, yes. I agree." Hannibal bent to kiss my hand once again. "Feel well YN." He smiled. Will helped him to the door before he turned, "Oh, and don't worry about charges my dear." I smiled "Thank you."  I called as the door shut. Will shook his head as he turned the sterile handle. "See what I mean? Something is just off about him." Will stated. "Yeah.." I agreed, my mind wandering on about this strange man.