Chapter 2

Hannah

Kat, Perri and I spent just about every waking moment together until it was time for Kat to leave. She left three days before school started, it sucked but I still had Perri. She eased me into the world of Liberty high. I quickly learned that Perri and Zach were a pair, always together, either all over each other or fighting. They were cute especially since they came with their own little bundle, named Justin.

Through Zach and Perri I got to know Justin more and the more I knew the bigger the crush got. Which made me feel terrible because he's Kat's boyfriend, at least I think he was. I talked to Kat almost every week and I still haven't worked up the courage to ask about the status of their relationship. I knew I had to soon because I think Perri was catching on. Turns out she had. That night I was sleeping over her house we were face-timing Kat so I finally asked.

"So, what the deal with you and Justin?" I asked only to be met with silence as both Kat and Perri stared at me. I started to regret asking when they both started laughing

"I told you she liked him." Perri said And Kat rolled her eyes

"Whatever Pez."

"You knew?" I asked looking at Perri

"You weren't very good hiding it. The big smile, and the dreamy looks you got it bad." She teased and I pushed her with a laugh

"Shut up." I said then turned to the screen

"Kat-"

"Don't worry about it he's all yours." She told me

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm thousands of miles away, I've moved on. I'm exploring new things, meeting new hot guys."

"Really?"

"Positive, enjoy and be safe. Don't do anything I wouldn't."

"And I happen to know for a fact, that Justin likes you too."

"Really?"

"Stop doubting yourself, the boy got on the school bus for you the other day he's already whipped."

"He did what?" Kat asked shocked then Perri started telling her the bus story which had her laughing by the end

"That just tells me I've taught you well now go forth an become an excellent man-eater.

"What?"

"I normally just let her talk when she's like this." Perri said making me laugh, I loved these girls

(How are you guys feeling about it so far?)