Chapter 4

Hannah

I tried to believe when Perri said things would go get better, but they didn't. The pointing and whispering never stopped and they added the slut coughs can you believe that? I didn't think people really did that. Honestly what hurt me the most was that Clay believed the rumors. I thought Clay was different, I thought he wasn't one to listen to rumors but once again I was wrong.

Perri tried her best to help, she got a lot of the girls to stop sending the picture around, and she yelled at anyone who did. Perri was awesome, but she also had her own life outside of me, and I didn't want to hold her back. Her schedule picked up as cheerleading began, and she stayed mad at Zach until I told her to let it go. They still break up every other week, but when their together Justin is most likely around. So month into the school year I was called into counselors office, where she introduced me to Jessica Davis. She wanted us to be friends, adults are crazy, how can you assign someone to be friends? Little did I know she was right, as Jessica and I slowly became friends. Which started our hot chocolate dates at Monet's, Perri would pop up at them occasionally but it was mine and Jess's spot. Well until we met Alex and formed F.M.L. things really started to get better, I felt like I could survive high school, and live in this town with my head held high.

Then it stopped, Alex was the first to stop coming, I don't know what happened. He just stopped showing, then he stopped answering our texts, and began hanging out with Justin's group. That really hurt me knowing what I went through with him. Next was Jessica like Alex she just cut me off, I tried so hard to keep us together, but I only ended up spending afternoons at Monet's alone. I found out Jessica had also joined the cheerleading squad and began hanging out with Perri and Sheri and I kinda felt like she was trying to steal Perri too. Then I found out she and Alex were dating, I really didn't know what the problem was. I would've been fine with it. Then the list came out, Alex made up a list called hot or not. He named me 'best ass' in the 10th grade and he named Jessica's the worst. When Jessica and I met up to talk about it she was pissed, Alex had broken up with her and she needed someone to blame. She ended up slapping me and calling me a slut and I knew our friendship was done.

So, I called Perri and she dropped everything, and we had a girls night. She brought up the winter formal.

"I'm not going." I said

"Come on Hannah! Why not?"

"Because the last few months at this school have been shit."

"I know Hannah and I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything."

"I haven't been the best friend as of late-"

"No P if anything you've been my saving grace. I'm a big girl I can't expect you to put everything on hold for me."

"Just know that I will, all you have to do is ask."

"Thanks Perri."

"Your welcome." She said then hugged me

"Now you can repay me by going to the dance." She said making me roll my eyes

"I don't even have a date."

"So we'll get you one, and if you want we can share Zach."

"I'll think about." I said

Perri

The night of the dance Hannah did come, not with a date but with Courtney Crimsen and her court. She and I danced a little bit, before I lost track of her and Zach pulled me into his arms. We left around ten to go Bryce's who was throwing the after party. We didn't stay long because everyone was either drunk or on their way there.

Then we headed over to his house. His mom and sister were gone to visit his grandparents, and his dad was away on a business trip. So tonight was going to be the night, our first time. We talked about and planned it out, Hannah was going to cover for me. This was it I was very nervous, and I could tell Zach was too, but the night ended up being perfect. Afterwards we laid in each other's arms,

"I love you." Zach said placing a kiss on the top of my head

"I love you too Dempsey."