Chapter Eighteen

From The Depths Of Hell
                                                       [ManxBoy]

Chapter Eighteen:

He was avoiding me.

He was trying to make it discrete but to me it was quite obvious. When I walked down the halls he would pivot and dash in another direction.

“This isn’t fair!” I growled smothering my face in my pillow as I rattled around like a child. Ever since that evening Lucifer made it his number one duty to make sure everyone knew about mine and Kalona’s engagement.

As soon as Angelos found out, he turned into an emotionless guard once again. Although to make it worse he’s my personal guard so we are around each other a lot and all that is there is complete tension.

“Raum” the smooth melodic voice echoed through the room making me turn my head to the side to see Arianna being reflected onto the mirror on the door. “Hi” I ushered feeling depleted. She cocked her head, a warm smile taking place on it.

“You are expected to be in the main hall in ten minutes. I advise you to begin changing” I groaned again. “Don’t wanna” I flailed around on the bed in frustration before stopping in a position where my head was dangling off the side of the bed.

“Raum…” I shook my head not wanting to listen to her anymore. “We have been sent by the High Lord to ensure you are dressed and present in the main hall on time” I fell off the bed in shock. I peered over the side of my bed to see two guards standing by the door looking quite scary.

They looked bored as they scanned me over. I stood up to speak but under their intimidating scrutinising glares I gulped and fetched the suit I was given by the Devil.

*

Ultimately I stood in a fitted black suit which clearly revealed my slim but muscular body. I turned on my heel to face the guards who remained in front of my escape.

“Let’s go then” I walked towards them but they didn’t budge. The one on the left closed the gap between us and fixed my thin tie tightly.

“Perfect” he spat making me flinch. I was released roughly making me tumble back a few steps. They turned and walked out of the room.