The Weekend

The rest of the week at school was pretty boring but Sydney and I hung out everyday after school and became instant best friends.

Finally it was Friday afternoon school is so exhausting its only the first week and I'm already so done. Although there is this girl who plays saxophone in band and she seems really cool don't get me wrong Sydney is really cool but I want more than just one friend.As I was walking home Riley saw me and came running over.

"So how was the first week of school?" he asked

"Oh,you know homework,people,hallways,the usual" I responded in a very boring voice

"ah so I was wondering if you'd want to uh see if you um"

It got quiet.

"I wanted to see if you'd like to go out with me on a date" he continued

I didn't say anything his face was serious I was going to say no but I couldn't help myself. I already failed at not making friends and not talking to anyone so why not.

"Listen I completely understand if-"

"Yes I'd love to" I said

"You would......really!"

"Yeah why not"

"Okay I'll be here at 5:30"

Then he went back home as did I.

Internally I was freaking my Shiz (yes I mean Shiz) so I called Sydney and asked her to come over.

"What is it" she asked me as she was walking into my room.

"Riley asked me out on a date" I said

"Our Riley like Riley McDonough"

I nodded "yes"

"Well it took him long enough"

"It took him like 2 weeks that's pretty short in my book" I said

"Well Riley is not shy but a bit reserved and it surprises everyone whenever he does something"

"Oh"

"Well what are you going to wear?"

"That's why your here i need your help you know Riley more"

"Okay"

She then started pulling out clothes from my closet I didn't even know I had. she pulled out a pale pink sweater with black hearts all over it some black skinny jeans, a black beanie, and pale pink combat boots.

I went to change and I came back

"Wow I'm so good" she said

"You are where did you find these clothes" I asked

"They were in the back of your closet"

I walked over to the mirror to do my make up I kept it light and natural looking and made my hair have beach waves.

"Alright what do you think?" I asked

"I think that if Riley doesn't like this he's probably stupid"

We both laughed

"So how's it going with trying to get toby to like you"

"Failing he's dating Mai"

"Really?!"

"Yeah"

"I'm sorry maybe I can ask Riley or something"

"No it's okay besides one of these day's he will realize that I've been here all along"

"Why don't you just ask him out" I said