Sneak Peek

F A L L A C Y

"Joy, I'm sure you noticed that Ethan has changed." Tim said as he sat right across me, on his dark brown leather chair behind the oakwood table.

Is this why he called me here urgently?  To tell me about his 'now changed' son ?

"Yeah, I figured." I said. My fingers, interwoven amongst each other, rested on my lap.

"Which Ethan do you like better, the new one or the old one?" He asked. But honesty, I didn't understand his question.

Why the hell would he ask me that ?

"Umm..Tim..I...don't... get...it..." I barely managed to complete my sentence when Tim spoke up again.

"Joy, I'm not asking you about your romantic preference. Oh good lord, I won't even get into that. Listen, you're not getting it, I'm asking about which Ethan did you prefer being around, considering the fact that you've been around both." He said.

Why is he talking as if there are two Ethans?

"Umm, the older one." I said.

"Yes, exactly. Me too. Do you know why the older Ethan changed into the kind of man you see now ?" He puts a question, again.

Why is Tim interrogating me? How will I know why Ethan changed?

"No." I answered.

"Because of you."

His words hit me like a bullet. Ethan changed because of me? Why? What wrong did I do to him?

Ethan Williams, you have some serious answering to do.

●●●●Please make me happy. Please Vote and comment●●●●

 Please Vote and comment●●●●