1

F A L L A C Y

Jennifer Lawrence as Joy Miller * picture above*

Chapter Song : Ain't Your Mama by Jennifer Lopez】

I stood in front the 'oh so familiar' building. The building that four years back was my office, my first office. The place which taught me so much. The place were I learnt to live, where I met myself again. Whatever I had become today, was because of what happened to me here, at Williams &Co.

And now, I'm back and it feels great to be back. I wonder why I said yes to Tim. I mean, I can not be a full time relationship blogger for six months now. I can't do what I do best, give suggestions and answer questions. This thought alone,makes me uncomfortable. The elevator took me to the tenth floor, Yes, I did remember the floor too which was pretty unusual because I forget things way too easily these days. I guess it's something I just can't forget.

I took a good look at my appearance on the mirror that was present in one of the elevator walls. My skirt was neither too tight nor too loose.Okay, what next? I looked over my shoulders to see myself from behind, pretty much okay out there at te back too. What next? My satin blouse also wasn't too tight, it was just my size. And lastly, My shoes didn't have any single dust particle on them.

You're good to go then, Joy.

The doors swung opened and a familiar smell travelled up my nostrils, smell of paper, fresh out of the carton paper, the smell of paper when it's unused. I walked up to the reception to find a new face waiting for me. I wonder where did Catherine go?

"Good morning, I'm here to see Mr Timothy Williams." I said.

"You must be Joy Miller. Sir has been awaiting your arrival. Come I'll walk you to his office." She said.

This one's not bad too.

If I wouldn't have been trying to act civilized, I would have most probably jumped in to stop her from walking me to Tim's office because I knew it by heart, but as I followed her further into the hallway, she walked over his office and kept on moving ahead.

"Umm, I think you missed it, it's right there." I pointed at the black door of Tim's office.

"No, that's not his office. That's the CEO's office. Tim sir is not the CEO, he's the Chairman." She said.

When the hell did that happen and who is the CEO then?

"Thanks," I said, as she took me to door not so familiar to me. Maybe they made a new office for Tim.

I knocked the door and after hearing a 'come in', I walked in.

"Joy, how have you been dear?" Tim said as he got up from his seat and walked up to me.

"I've been good Tim, thanks for asking."I said.

"Sit please." He said and I did so.

"Would you like to have anything?"

"No, I'm okay."

"Did you reach here properly?" He asked.

"Yeah, how can I not!" I said.

"So, let me tell you why you're here then,Joy. As You can see things have changed here. I'm not the CEO anymore, now I'm the Chairman. An upgradation in my post,"

"Congratulations Tim."

"That's not the point. I need you here because of a bigger reason. You worked here when I was the CEO, you assisted me well for two years. The new CEO's secretary, took an off, for six months. She had an accident, a major one, so she had to be bedridden for atleast six months. That's where you come in, you can be the CEO's assistant for six months. That young lady was absolutely perfect in her work, just like you. I couldn't have thought of anyone else but you." Tim said.