8

Fallacy

(Chapter song ● Lust for life by Lana Del Ray ft. The weeknd)

Joy~

Please welcome my son and his beautiful lady love.

That's what Tim said while introducing Ethan and Maria to everyone. And then, Ethan entered te ballroom looking handsome as ever. He wore a black tux, hair gelled back. With him, was his lady love, Maria.  Maria had her hand linked around Ethan's arm and seeing that sight was so difficult for me.

I was sitting at the bar, drinking my third glass of wine when I saw Ethan and Maria walking to different people in the crowd and talking to everyone one by one.

My eyes, literally followed them from one group to the other. This was painful. Watching Ethan Williams with another girl had never been a thing to worry about. But now, it was and I didn't like it. I didn't like tha fact that he had someone to love when all I did was try to find a lover. I craved for someone to be there for me, touch me, give me the greatest of pleasures and share with me his deepest fears.

Ethan had that someone and this hurt.

I noticed Ethan looking at me from where he stood, talking to some associates from China. I immediately dropped my eyes back to my glass and gulped down the final sip.

After a minute of sitting at the bar and thinking what to do next, I finally turned around to look at Ethan. He was kissing Maria in her cheek and she was blushing. Both of them were smiling, just like a happy couple. I could not take this anymore so i decided to have some air. I stood up and walked towards the balcony I saw while entering the ballroom.

I hurriedly walked past the crowd and turned towards the exit door. My gown was blocking my legs and I had to hold it up a little so that I could walk easily.

I reached the balcony and left my gown down. I took off my heels to give my feet some sort of relief. 

What was the point if dressing up so much Joy?

I had absolutely no answer to this question that ky mind kept on asking me

I had absolutely no answer to this question that ky mind kept on asking me. What was the point of all this mess? I did not know. I had bought a new gown, a bright red one to be precise, just for this party. I spent half of my salary on this look and what did I get? Not even a hello, forget about a goodbye.

"There you are. Getting some air huh?"

I turned around to see Ethan standing at the door.

"How the hell did you come in?" I asked angrily. Honestly, Ethan was the last person I wanted to see in that moment.

"Just the way you came in here." He said as he walked forward and stopped right next to me. He put both his hands in the railing and leaned in abit. I looked at him from the corner of my eyea and saw him admiring the view.