Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Ilang oras na ang lumipas pero wala pa rin siyang balita sa kalagayan ni Andrea. Everytime a nurse or a doctor leave and enter the emergency room, hinaharang niya iyon para tanungin kung ano ang lagay ni Andrea. But everytime they turn him down by not answering his questions. And that frustrates him even more.

His sister never left his side kahit anong pilit niya rito. She also wanted to make sure that Andrea is out of danger. He looked at his sister intently. If any other woman, they will resent Andrea. Dahil ito ang dahilan kung bakit hindi ito masaya sa asawa nito. Si Andrea ang karibal nito sa puso ni Dylan, but here she is, worrying over the girl that she really don't know well. Kahit nang mga bata pa sila, she was never the one who wouldn't think and want ill for other person. If he could only do something for his sister to be happy.

They were still sitting on the hallway when a three person approach the emergency room, he looked intently at them and recognize them. The old couple is Andrea's parent. Mr. & Mrs. Lopez are quite famous on their circle. A hotelier and a charity worker. He looked at the guy who seems to be just about his age. He must her brother.

Mrs. Lopez is sobbing on her husband chest, while he console her. Andrea's brother is crouching on the wall with a grim expression.

He stood up and made his presence known to the persons who just arrived.

“Mr. & Mrs. Lopez,” Inigo called onto them, nagtatakang tinignan sila nito, “I'm Dr. Jun Inigo Robles,” pakilala niya sa sarili. Hindi kaagad nakahuma ang mga ito, marahil ay nagtataka ang mga ito kung bakit niya pinapakilala ang sarili, napansin din niya ang pagtingin ng mga ito sa kanyang duguang damit at braso.

Si Mr. Lopez ang unang nakahuma, “Yes, I know you, Dr. Robles, you're quite famous because of your medical skills,” he complimented him, if any other time, he will be please and his ego will be soaring, but it's far from his mind now. He had a goal and he plans to do it.

“Sir, Ma'am, I love your Daughter and I would like to ask for your permission to marry her,” he said straight forward. he heard them gasped in chorus, mukhang hindi nga inaasahan ng mga ito ang sinabi niyang iyon.

Concern is on Mrs. Lopez face, but Mr. Lopez face gave him a lift of confidence, he can saw the pride and approval on his face.

“Should we all talk about that once she got out of the emergency room?” tanong ni Mrs. Lopez.

“I am confident that she will make it, she had the best doctors attending her here.” he lied, he wasn't that confident, although Dr. Alvaro is really one of their best doctors there. He still have that fear inside him that never goes away. No matter how confident he portrayed on the outside.

“Okay then, once she's out of danger, you could ask her, if she will have you, that's fine with us,” Mr. Lopez said. Hindi na muli pang nag-protesta ang mga kasama nito kaya sa tingin ay pinahahalagahan ng mga ito kung ano man ang sabihin ni Mr. Lopez.

“Thank you Sir, I won't let you down. I promise to love her and I will never intend to hurt her in any way, I can assure you that,” he shook hands with Mr. Lopez and kiss Mrs. Lopez hands.

“Inigo,” Alex called out on him, “I'm Alex, Andy's brother,” he handed his hands to him to shake, he took it quite eagerly, he's glad that he had win over her parents and brother. “I guess, welcome to the family, I heard a few things about you from Andy.”

“I hope it's all good things then,” he relaxed a little in their presence. “By the way, this is my sister Crisel,” pakilala niya sa kapatid, agad naman itong lumapit sa kanila, and shook hands with Andrea's parents.

“Nice to meet you, Ma'am, Sir,” she said to them politely.

“Nice too meet you too Hija,” Mrs. Lopez said. “We're really please to meet you, but it just saddened me that this happen while Andy is critical, we just came in as soon as we receive the call about the accident,” They all nodded in understanding.

When it's Alex turn to shake her hands, it took longer than needed, she flinched at how Alex looked at her, and gently squeezed her hand. Hindi agad nito binitawan ang kamay ni Crisel, instead he turned her hands and saw her ring.

“You're married?!” he asked shocked.

Agad namang binawi ni Crisel ang kamay and clasped both her hands in front of her chest, before she answered him timidly, “Yes.”

“Oh,” Disappointment clearly written all over his face, Crisel, pretended not to notice it and she decided to go back to her seat.

Inigo continue his conversation with Andrea's parents. Paminsan-minsan ay napapadako ang tingin niya kay Alex na hindi inaalis ang tingin kay Crisel.

This couldn't be good, he can sense that he might be attracted to her. But Crisel is broken, at sa tingin niya kay Alex, he could just be playing girls feelings. He couldn't be right for her.

Nang lumabas si Dr. Alvaro sa Emergency room ay agad nila itong nilapitan.

“How is she?” tanong ni Inigo dito.

“She's stable now, just a few stiches and bruises, here and there, but aside from that, her X-ray and CT scan came back good, no internal bleeding or what so ever, it's a good thing that her car's air bag came out just in time, it saved her to a lot of damage,” she informed them, all of them let out a sighed of relief. “She will be move to a room, she will wake up in a few more hours pa, her body is still in shock, she needs time to recover,” iyon lang at iniwan na sila ni Dr. Alvaro.

His sister hugged him, and smiled at him, “I told you everything will be alright, this time, make things right to her, tell her everything she needs to know.” she told him encouragingly.

“I will,” he said.