06.

In the following morning, they've already passed the Scorch's Zone B

In the following morning, they've already passed the Scorch's Zone B. Or in any other person's point of perspective, the Deadlands. It's where they burn the bodies. Obviously, Ellie didn't have a reason to feel negative about the fiery pit but it's the smell that hits her right into her core. It reminded the time that something was burning in the kitchen of the cafeteria and she suddenly had a sad feeling floating through her.

She asked Thomas about it once and he told her that there was once a time where a few burning pits were placed near their neighborhood where WCKD had sent people to burn the bodies of those who were already passed through the gone.

He also mentioned that their aunt Libby was one of the unfortunates who were killed instantly, which WCKD hopes that'll decrease the dead county in the province. Obviously, it didn't. Thomas didn't say anything through the whole day after that.

Ellie looked down at the duplicate map that Bailey had made for her so that she wouldn't bother the navigator with her questions. Which will never end, ever. And she wanted to check if there was an opportunity to do extra scavenging after they dropped the kids at the Coast. But she was a bit troubled by the red x's that were marked in some locations. They were reminders that they are big sightings of cranks around the area.

Lucky for them. there isn't any in where they heading. It's located in the middle of a very far out area that's away from any city buildings. They're usually the comfy habitats of every crank.

She noticed then that Hope was slowly waking up not long ago and so did Bailey. Martin was leaning his cheek on his fist tiredly while the other was steering the wheel.

"How long 'til we get there?" He asked out of the blue. Obviously bored out of his mind as he stares straight to the road with no emotion.

"According to the map." Bailey says as her eyes read it."We should be there in about. . . Tomorrow noon. It would've been 22 hours if we just continued on and not take any breaks-"

"No." Martin and Ellie strongly advise and her whole aura has shut down.

And after a long moment of silence, Martin groans then shouted. "Oh my god!!" He reaches the glove compartment with a free hand and not the one that's stirring the wheel.

"What are you doing?" Ellie asked as she took Hope out of the car seat and she cooed happily as she places her small hands on the Monarch's face. Obviously, energetic from her peaceful sleep.

Martin quickly takes out a disk from the glove compartment and slides it in the car stereo."Since this is going to be a very long trip. Some of us, mainly me, are tired. I think we should have a carpool morning exercise."

'Carpool?' Ellie mouthed to Bailey, who shrugged. She was confused as Ellie was.

Suddenly, Redbone's Come And Get Your Love began to play through the speakers of the jeep.