09.

"Sagittarius, Scorpio, Hercules-"

Name after name. She described every constellation to her friends, pointing to each one.

They laid down on the floor flat as they stare and listen to the girl's words. Mostly the blonde older boy next to her.

Instead of staring at the bright dots in the ceiling that shape every constellation, made by some papers poked into certain dots by Thomas and Teresa and a lamp underneath it. He was staring at the girl beside him with an intense gaze.

The more she grew the more beautiful she became. He couldn't stop thinking about her every time they had to separate. It was these times that he couldn't wait for in the day. Going through all the routine tests and lessons with his friends was just a game that he plays every day so that he could win the ultimate prize. To see Ellie again.

"-Pegasus, Aquarius and Aries." Ellie finishes off proudly and her brother praised her by kissing her head.

Minho groans as Alby fist pumps the air in victory. "Haha! Told you she'll name them all. Now you owe me your desserts for the next two weeks, Sucka!"

Minho crossed his arms. "Why did you have to name all of these stars El? Why!?" He throws his arms out dramatically and drops them at his sides.

Ellie giggles and just shrugs. "It's easy. All you have to do is read. Besides, it's not my fault that you're a sore loser."

Everyone in the room laughed and oohed at the Asian kid who blushed in embarrassment and irritation. "Damn, she got you there Minho." Thomas laughed.

"Whatever," Minho grumbled and sat up. "I'm going back to bed. See ya." He saluted and went out of the room silently so that no guards will come to investigate.

Everyone in the room continued to talk normally when Minho left. But Ellie noticed that Newt hadn't said a single word.

"Newt," She said so softly that none of the other heard her.

Newt snaps out of it when he realized that she was talking to him. "Hmm?"

"You okay?" She asked. "You've been quiet lately."

Newt nodded his head. Trying not to look any suspicious. "Yeah, yeah. I'm good." He gave her a thumbs up and she smiled in relief and went back to listening to Alby and her brother's conversation.

Meanwhile, the British boy shot her a secret longing look before looking around the room. Trying to act casual and not stare at the beautiful young girl beside him. He was beginning to fall hard more than he could ever realize. He was going mad. Insane even. But he guesses that's what happens when you feel an indescribable emotion for a girl.

But she wasn't just a girl. She was Ellie.

_____-----_____

The stars were out. But Ellie could still some patches of clouds here and there. She was laying on the jeep's hood and window glass and relaxed her body a bit as she stares up at the dark and beautiful sky. And she began to think about the people back at the Right Arm. Vince had given her the new coordinates to the new outpost that they'll be when they return from their mission.

Mary told Ellie that it wasn't that far, only a mountain or two away from the previous one. They'll be able to get a signal on the radio if they get close to the camp. Ellie continues to look up at the stars and think of her old life back in WCKD. When she was still at WCKD, Ava had forbidden Thomas to tell her about the plans and designs of the maze. She guessed it's because she works differently than Thomas.