14.

No one had spoken a word as they all got out of the med-tent

No one had spoken a word as they all got out of the med-tent. Jorge chose to stay at Brenda's side so that he made sure that he was going to be there when she woke up.

The Gladers followed their tour guides as they walked through the camp. They noticed that some of the people around them were walking down the same path that Mary was leading them. Thomas noticed that a few of them had smiles on their faces. Obviously excited to see the same person that gave them hope to fight the WCKD. He guessed the Monarch must've really hit a curb on them.

After passing a few tents and small free areas. The group suddenly found themselves in a small crowd. All heads turned in the same direction. Thomas can tell how much they are excited by listening to the hushed and glee chatter around him and his friends.

He felt a hand on his shoulder a saw Mary giving him a reassuring smile. "Wait here." She said then left them in the back of the crowd. They all watched as Mary walked next to Vince who was waiting for her and they went and walked up on a small hill that leads to where the trucks and jeeps were. They were talking quietly and were out of the earshot of the group.

Thomas watches and felt slightly anxious about his sister's arrival. He wanted to feel excited, happy even. But he just couldn't help but feel nervous.

When he watched Ava's 'supposed' suicide video. He was convinced that his family along with the family of his friends were somehow dead. They wouldn't reunite with their parents, siblings, cousins, uncles, or aunts. They would just escape the maze only to find half of the earth scorched by the sun flares. But now that he's here. Waiting to meet his sister. He was given the chance to restore the lost bond that he must've had all those years ago. From what Mary had described. They must've been really close if he was willing to risk his life for Ellie.

Suddenly, he heard a shout in the crowd. "There they are!" And he turned his head to where the person who had shouted in the crowd was pointing.

In a matter of seconds, a beat-up black jeep appeared on the dusty flat path with a large faded red truck following behind. Studying by the states of these vehicles, it was oblivious that the Monarch and her team had been traveling for a while. Sands were stuck on the inside of the tires as well as the windows were covered in sand. It was so dirty that they couldn't see the inside of the jeep. Which disappointed Thomas a bit.