15.

It was no secret that the Gladers were still a bit suspicious about Thomas's relations with the resistance leader. But Newt assures them all that Thomas must have a good reason to why he didn't tell them about the mysterious girls in his nightmares that were actually memories from his subconscious mind that's screaming at him that she was his sister this whole time.

When they put it that way, the boys reluctantly agree that if they had any dreams like that. They would've preferred to keep it to themselves too.

"Look at the smile on his face. Creepy, right?" Frypan says.

"Now you see it?" Minho said which earned a few smiles from his friends.

"It's not every day you get to be reunited with family these days. Let him have his time." Newt, strangely the only one who wasn't watching the siblings like they were an artifact in a museum, said as he continued to munch on the canned food that was passed to him and the others by Mary and one of Aris's maze girls, Sonya.

For some reason, Sonya looked a bit odd to Newt. Not in a bad way, just . . . odd.

His brain didn't find any importance of the small thought though so he just continued eating his meal for tonight and kept on munching.

"Gotta say though. Even if Thomas is an ugly shank, his sister ain't bad to look at." Minho states and Frypan just looks at him as if he was crazy.

"You kidding, right? If her bodyguards could hear you right now it won't be the Cranks that you should give a damn about. It'll be them, and him." He pointed to the guards standing close by the siblings than to where Thomas. But on the inside, he couldn't help but agree with Minho's comment about the stunning rebel leader. He'd lied to himself if he said that she's not pretty.

As for Newt. Well, the boy couldn't tear his eyes away from her. Ever since she stepped out of that truck.

When she left, Newt found himself disappointed when she disappeared from the crowd with Thomas until she and Thomas emerged from the small hills and sat by the edges. There, he could perfectly study the girl from where he was without being seen. She was too busy talking to Thomas anyway.

There was something about her that bothered him. He didn't know why, but when she got out of the truck a single word struck his mind.

'Light'

He didn't know the meaning of it, I mean he did know what it means but hell, he didn't know why it popped into his brain. But all he knew was that she was there and that he thought it. He couldn't even realize how creepy he was being by just staring at the girl with such focus. Too focused that he didn't notice the way Minho was looking at him when he saw how Newt was staring at Thomas and Ellie. The funny thing was that he knew Newt wasn't looking at Thomas.

He smirked at his friend and remarked to Frypan's comment. "I'm not the only one."

Expectedly, Frypan frowns then turns to him, and Minho gestures with his head to their blond companion. He saw the look on Newt's face and immediately understand what Minho was implying.

"Something caught your eye?" Minho said.

Newt turns to him and said. "Hmm?" Only to be responded by Minho and Frypan's weird looks on their faces. Neither of the duos gave a verbal answer so Newt went back to his observations on the view he had on the siblings.

Soon, when the sun had finally left the sky and let the moon takes its place. Campfires were made around the camp along with drinks being handed out in celebration of the Baron's return. 

Ellie was happy enough to show Thomas around the camp and introduced him to some of her fellow Right Arms. Well, whichever bumped into them of course. One of them, in particular, was Martin who had a barrel of what appears to be the big main course of the night in his hands.