11.

He walks past the monitors with large steps as his breathing patterned to pants

They were coming. It was almost his time.

He passed through a corner and passed a few more monitors until he finally saw the person he was supposed to meet. Teresa.

"Hey." She said, dubious of Thomas's nervous state.

He rushes over to her and stops until there was a short distance between them. "Hey, did anyone see you come here?"

Teresa frowns, she noticed how anxious he looks and started to ask questions. "No. What are you talking about?"

"We don't have a lot of time." Thomas stutters out quickly.

"Thomas, what wrong?" Teresa asked with concern. 

"I just had to see you," He said. "And just try to explain things before. . ." He stopped and turned when he felt another presence nearby.

They're here.

"Oh no!" He mentally cursed and grabbed Teresa's elbow gently and pins her lightly to one of the monitors.

"Wh- Thomas!?" Teresa yelps in surprise. Frightened by Thomas's sudden behavior.

"Just listen to me, okay?" Thomas whispers urgently. "Whatever they tell you about me. Whatever they say. . . I just need you to know I had to do it. Okay?"

Teresa took a moment to read his expression. He was scared and cautious. But most of all, he looked unafraid.

"What did you do?" She whispered.

"I just. . . I couldn't keep watching them die," Thomas manages to catch his breath and looks at Teresa with guilt. But guilt was beyond from the look on his face. Instead, he gave her a look that a friend would give when they wanted their best friend to keep a secret. "She was going to be next. Did you know that?"

"She?" Teresa repeated then her eyes wide with realization. ". . . It was you."

Thomas's face didn't change one bit.

"You were the one who helped her escaped." Teresa's eyes started to flood. "It was you!" She says in accusation.

Thomas was about to say something until a man with a guard uniform suddenly appears beside them. They both look at him in shock but Thomas seemed to show no different reaction. He knew what was coming for him.

"Over here!" The man calls and quickly grabs Thomas and drags him with the help of another guard.

"I'm sorry." Thomas manages out before he being taken away by the guards. He gave Teresa a look of no regret. He was doing the right thing for humanity the right way. The one which will lead to him to the girl who was considered lost from WCKD.