Chapter 3: The Burrow

Zoe's POV

After a few hours of flying in the skies of London, we came across a vast, open field that never seemed to end. Dawn was approaching as the dark sky seemed to lighten, showing colors of white, yellow and orange. Ron and Harry were both asleep beside me as I enjoy the view before me.

"Can't sleep?" George said as he looked at me.

" Yeah," I said as I lean back "the view is breathtaking and I didn't want to miss it."

George nodded in understanding as he looked in front of him.

"You better wake those two.. We're almost home." Fred said to me. I looked closer to where he was looking and saw a shape forming on the horizon. That must be The Burrow.

I looked at Harry and Ron as I shake them awake.. Quite violently if I may add. They were both groaning and mumbling to stop shaking them. So, being the kind person I was, I shook them even more and pushed them to fall from their seats.

"Oi!" Harry and Ron said, looking startled. The three of us, Fred, George and I laughed at their faces

"Get up, we're almost there." I said as I helped Harry and Ron up to their seats, looking startled still.

As we came near, we can finally see the details of ron's house. It looked unique with its irregular shapes, it seemed that the burrow was intact by magic by 5 or so houses and was lazily glued to their place, as it seems that it might fall any second.

"This is your house?" Harry and I asked at the same time. They nodded as the car parked silently from a vacant space near the burrow.

"It's not much.. but it's home." Ron said as we all entered The burrow.

My mouth was wide open as amazement filled me. It might not be as big as mansions and castles, but it looks magical.. From the plates, washing by themselves, to the clock that was standing on a side. Instead of numbers which you see on a regular clock, here you'll see words like Home, Work, School and other stuff. Also, instead of a regular pointy thing for the hand of the clock, this one has faces, I'm assuming they're everyone in the family because I see Ron and the twins' faces there..

"Now.. We'll go upstairs really quietly," said Fred "and wait for mum to call us for breakfast... Then, Ron, you go bounding downstairs going 'Mum, look who turned up in the night!' and she'll be all pleased to see Harry and Zoe and no one need ever know we flew the car"

We all nodded and looked at Ron "Right.. come on Harry, Zoe, I sleep at the... at the top..."

I furrowed my eyebrows as Ron's face looked pale as he stared in horror at something behind us.. We all looked around and was shocked to see a short, plump, kind-faced woman, it's actually remarkable how much she looked like a saber-toothed tiger.

I think this is Mrs. Weasley

"Ah" said fred

"Oh dear" added George

As Mrs. Weasley made her way towards us, she was glaring directly at the three, completely ignoring Harry and I.

"Sit." She said in a deadly whisper, and we all made our way to a rectangular table with a lot of chairs.

As we all sat down, we heard shuffling from upstairs as another red-head came down.

"Good morning Percy" I said as I waved at him. He was surprised to see me but recovered as he smiled at me and waved.

"Good morning Zoe! I didn't know you we-"

"Beds empty! No note! Car gone--could have crashed--out of my mind with worry! You wait until your father gets home!" Percy was suddenly silent as Mrs. Weasley's voice rang around the whole house, scolding the 3.

I felt guilty, seeing Ron and the twins look down in shame. So I spoke up.

"I take full responsibility Mrs. Weasley," I said and all eyes were on me "I owled Ron to help me rescue Harry from his evil relatives.. they were only helping me..I'm sorry Mrs. Weasley." I said and looked down

"Zoe.." I heard them say, but I ignored them. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, and I looked up to see Mrs. Weasley smiling at me.

"I understand dear.. honestly Arthur and I plan to get Harry ourselves if Harry hasn't owled Ron until Friday.. but these boys! You could have died!" She said, shouting at the boys in the end.

She took a deep breath as to calm herself down and gave Harry and I a smile.

"I'm very pleased to see the both of you." she said as she gave us a soft smile which made me relieved.

"Since you all went through a lot, let's just eat breakfast.... and I'm not finished with the three of you... very disappointing." She said and made her way to get the food.

"Zoe." I heard Harry whisper beside me. I looked at him and gave him a smile and a look which told him to continue.

"You don't know how much you made me happy by saving me from my 'evil relatives'" he said, making air quotes with the word evil relatives making me laugh silently in my seat

"It's a pleasure to save you Harry.. It's history.. Zoe Jones, the most brilliant witch who saved Harry Potter, the-boy-who-lived." this time, Harry chuckled from his seat, earning curious glances from Percy and the twins.

As Mrs. Weasley came back, plates floating mid-air, the door opened as a man with red hair came in, he looked exhausted as he slumped on one of the seats available.

"9 raids!" He said, surprising me.

"Oh sorry dear for surprising you-...wait a minute" He leaned forward to stare at me intently and I had to back off a little

"Good morning Sir" I said with a little wave.

"Are you.. Zoe Jones?" he said as he lifted an eyebrow

I nodded my head slowly and smiled. What surprised me though was that he sat back on his seat and laughed out loud.

"You are beautiful deary! No wonder Ron here likes you!" He said and nodded in approvement

My eyes widen in surprise as I slowly looked at Ron, with a look of is that true?

"Dad!" Ron said, looking flustered as his face were as red as his hair.

The twins and Percy were laughing silently at their seats as they looked at Ron in amusement.

"What? Did I say something wrong?" Mr. Weasley said, looking oblivious, even though he sees his son embarassed.

I looked at Harry and he had a look of disbelief in his face. I just bit my lip as I got food from the plate before us.

We heard another shuffle from above as another red-head, this time a girl, came down, wearing her pajamas.

"Mum have you seen my-" she stopped mid-sentence as she stared wide-eyed at Harry..

"Hello" Harry said, waving and giving her a friendly smile.

She looked awestruck as she backed down and ran up the stairs.

"That's Ginny" Percy said while reading the newspaper

"He fancies you" Ron said

"Like you fancy Zoe?" Harry said, in a harsh tone, making Ron shut up.

"That was a little harsh.. don't you think?" I said to Harry.

"Sorry.." he mumbled and Ron nodded, looking down.

I rolled my eyes. Boys.

"Both of you stop being drama Queens.. you guys remind me of Pansy and let me tell you, it's not a good memory." I said which made the both of them laugh. They looked at each other and smiled, which made me smile

"That's the spirit! Cheer up! We've got a bright day ahead of us." I said as we all ate breakfast with smiles on our faces.