Chapter 12: Found it

Zoe's POV

Zach offered me to bring me back to the dormitories so I obliged. As we were walking on the hallways of Hogwarts, another thought came into mind.

"Since you're a speaker of Death, have you heard whisperes from the library? Particularly in the Restricted Section?"  I asked and looked at him

"I've never been near the Restricted section,"  Zach said "there was nothing I needed there and Professor Flitwick reminded us everytime that it is forbidden to enter without a permission of a professor. Why'd you ask?"

"Well.. uh-"

"Because she found me in the Restricted Section, whispering, telling her to free me." We stopped in our tracks and my eyes were wide that they could bulge out of my eye sockets.

Death was there, standing in front of us, he looked at Zach with boredom as he walked closer to us.

"Who are you?" Zach asked as he pulled his wand out and pointed it at Death.

"If you were brave enough to break the slightest rules then you'd probably know who I am."He said as he walked closer, Zach's wand touching Death's chest.

"Death, stop provoking him."  I said

"Death?? Pft, your name is Death? What kind of parents do you have?" Zach asked, scoffing.

I bit my lower lip as I sensed that Death was getting pissed, so I pulled Death to my side and faced Zach.

"Zach, as you now know, this is Death. And.. he came out of a diary.. in the Restricted Section."  I said slowly, as Zach lowered his wand and stared at Death.

"You went in the Restricted section, and heard a whisper from a Diary to release him and you did? You are fully aware that the Restricted Section contains a lot of books that have dark magic in them right?"

"I'm not stupid Zach, I knew the risks, but I trusted my guts, and he came out of a Diary, the Diary of Death."

Zach was dumbfounded as he heard the new information. After awhile, his mouth made an "o" shape as he finally registered what I've just said.

"It was a good thing that Zoe found me and not you. I don't like you already with that attitude you just pulled. Makes me wonder why my owner had to make you a Speaker of Death as well."

"Owner?"

"Death himself. I just like the name so I call myself Death."

"Bloody hell."  Zach muttered as he looked at me and at Death.

"That means, Death himself.. he.. he"

"Just spit it out. Seriously, why are you always stuttering?"

"I'm sorry, I'm not always like this."

"He said that to you a few hours ago." Death whispered to me and I just shook my head.

I just took a deep breath and walked silently to the Slytherin dormitories. I heard both of them followed me as Zach asked a few questions to Death.

It was a quiet and dark hallway as we went down the stairs. I decided to sleep in my own bedroom in Slytherin because I have to sort things out on my brain, and I can't do it when there are a couple of people who are sound asleep. I need time for myse-

"aah"  I said in surprise, as I bumped into someone. I looked at the person who I just bumped and was surprised as I saw Professor Snape.

"Professor"  I said, stepping backwards to give Professor Snape some space.

"Good evening Zoe. What are you doing this late? Shouldn't you be sound asleep? It's dangerous to walk on your own at this hour."

"She's not alone Professor,"  I heard Zach say as he made his way behind me "I'm walking her to her dormitory." Professor Snape's eyebrow lifted as he looked at Zach up and down.

"You can return to your dormitory. I'll lead Zoe to her bedroom."  Professor Snape said sternly.

"Uhm.. Okay.. Good night Zoe, bye."

"Bye."

 I said and Zach made his way back to his dormitory. I looked back at Professor Snape and gave him a kind smile as he returned it. But I noticed that I no longer had hold of the photo Zach had given me, and it made my eyes wide once more.

"Is there a problem?"  Professor Snape asked as he saw me look at the ground.

"T-the picture.. I-I must've dropped it."  I said as I started to panic. I got my wand out of my pocket

"Lumos."  I said as the tip of my wand lighted a bright white. I then looked at the floor and searched for the photo.

"Found it."  I heard Professor Snape said and I immediately looked at him and ran to his place.

He stared at a long time and it made my eyebrows furrow.

"Is there something wrong professor?"  I asked

I was more confused when I saw a tear fall down his eyes as his eyes depict sadness, as if he was reminiscing something that broke his fragile heart.

"Professor, are you alright?"  I asked, concerned. I went near him as I stare at his sad eyes that never looked away from the photo.

"Where... did you... get.. this."  Professor Snape said as another tear rolled down his eyes.

"Do you know her sir?"  I asked.

He then looked at me with utter sadness that it just broke my heart. I've never seen someone so sad before. He slowly nodded his head as he closed his eyes and sat on the floor.

"Professor!"  I said as I tried to help him up. But he was just too heavy that I found it difficult to stand him up.

"You know her sir? You know Isabella?"

 He then looked at me, dead in the eyes.

"You know her. How?!"  he was angry and I took a step back. His actions surprised me that I got scared. Professor Snape, suddenly shook his head and stood up, and looked at me with pain evident in his features.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you, but you must answer my question. How do you know her?"

I was getting suspicious of Professor Snape's actions. I have a feeling that I shouldn't tell him. Not yet at least. I have to keep this a secret between Zach and I.

"I'm sorry sir.. But I can't answer your question... I.. I have to go... Accio photo"

 As I said the spell, the photo that was once in Professor Snape's hand flew to mine and I ran to the other direction.

I guess I'll be sleeping in the Gryffindor dormitory.