Chapter 8:I know that feeling

Zoe's POV

As the sun rose from the East, my alarm clock blared, making a repetitive sound. I heard groans not far from where I slept, it seems that my fellow bedroom mates are waking up as well.  My hands searched my alarm clock on my desk without looking, I still feel sleepy.

I groaned as I felt irritated. The sound of my alarm clock sounds like something between a guttural cry and a shriek. It was infuriating, as well as it agitated my nerves. You'd want to just smash it with your bare hands for its nonstop noise. It was very effective though, with this infuriating sound, I sure can't get back to sleep, and it's good since I have classes today.

I still haven't felt the alarm clock on my desk so I groaned and looked at my desk, my eyebrows furrowed and saw the clock on the edge, the vibration of the sound moving the clock to fall on the ground. I grabbed it quickly and pressed the snooze button. I sighed in relief as I sat on my bed, looking around.

I was the only one up, because they seem to sleep after the alarm went off. I stood up and fixed my bed and then went to the bathroom to take a bath.

After the morning rituals, I leaned on the wall and stared at the quiet bedroom. It's pretty early, and everybody is still asleep. I guess I'll just eat breakfast in the astronomy tower. At least the view would be spectacular while eating delicious food.

"You always wake up as the sun rises." Death said, appearing beside me as I made my way to the Great Hall.

"Well, mother always said that blessings come early in the morning.. So one has to wake up and receive them."  I said as I smiled at him.

Death nodded and walked beside me.

"You've been awfully calm... and nice lately... It seems curious that you're like that."

"When I saw Pansy trying to hold her tears in front of Draco, I felt guilty for her. She may be mean, but she has her reasons, acceptable or not. Her slap did have an affect on me.. It stinged, like fire slapped me. It was painful and it did took me a couple of minutes to register what she just did, but I felt the pain she felt when she slapped me... I felt an emotion that wasn't mine when she slapped me.. and it changed me."  I said and stopped at my tracks.

It's true.. And then after that, I started to be considerate towards everyone. Because when a part of them touches my skin, I suddenly feel their emotions. I feel connected. I looked at Death and saw him give me a proud smile.

"Why smile?"  I asked

"Your powers are developing... A speaker of Death has an ability to connect with a human being through feelings.. It's more of a curse than a gift if I'm totally honest. Even if you get connected, you get vulnerable and it leads to danger."

I nodded in understanding.. I guess I have to be careful with people.. Not get attached to them. It's a curse but I think it can be a gift if you know how to handle it properly.

 As we entered the Great Hall, I casually sat on the Gryffindor table and spoke what food I wanted. And just like that, 5 strips of bacon, an egg and pumpkin juice appeared in front of me. My eyes sparkled in delight as the smell of my breakfast took over my sense of smell. I took my plate and my glass of pumpkin juice and made my way to the astronomy tower.

I sighed in relief as I finally made my way on the top of the astronomy tower and sat at the edge, my feet dangling mid-air as I put my plate and glass beside me.

"That was great exercise."  I said and Death just nodded, staring at the wonderful view the Astronomy tower gave.

I ate in silence as I stared at the black lake. It reminded me of last year, I was here as well, it was quiet and peaceful, like nothing wrong would happen. The only difference is that it was night time and that I knew that something wrong would happen.. cause I had a vision about it. I'm just not sure if something bad would happen again.. Hopefully nothing.

***

I am now sitting in our Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom with my fellow Gryffindors. We were waiting for our teacher, Professor Lockhart, our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.

"I'm very excited."  Hermione said beside me.

"I know, this is our first class of Defense Against the Dark Arts!"

"And we have Professor Lockhart as our teacher.. He's so handsome!"  and then her eyes were all dream-like. I looked at her in a weird way. I don't know if he's dashing as she said he is, but I think I wouldn't act that way. But maybe I could explain why if I touch her.

I bit my lip as I held her hand and smiled at her. I suddenly felt a new wave of emotion. Butterflies suddenly fluttered and I felt... weird...I had desires, hoping that Professor Lockhart would notice me. I was inlove with the Professor.

I immediately let go of Hermione's hand and those new emotions vanished. I looked at her in disbelief. Is she really inlove with Professor Lockhart?

"I don't get why-"

"Good morning everyone!"  A voice said, making me stop from talking. I looked in front to see our professor giving us a warm smile. He was handsome, but not that handsome to the point that I'd drool just because of the sight of him.

My eyes were suddenly wide as new emotions engulfed me again, and that's where I realized that Hermione was grabbing my arm tightly while she looks dreamily at Professor Lockhart.

"Oh no.."  I mumbled, as I felt her emotions over powering mine.. I tried to get Hermione's grip off of me but it was no use, she wasn't even paying attention to me. I couldn't help but look at Professor Lockhart as I start to admire him.

No! No No No No No No NO!

I am not going to admire him.. I will not!

I was having a hard time controlling my emotions so I did what I had to, I put my head on the desk and covered my face with my other arm. I took deep breaths but I still can hear professor Lockhart, and hermione's emotions are not helping at all. So I took my earphones in my bag and plugged them in my ears and closed my eyes as I heard classical music.. It was loud but calming so I did my best to fall asleep.. And I did.

Hopefully I don't get detention.